Long Range Copper Bullets

So, i am California, where all ammo has to be lead free now and i am struggling to find a good long range Copper or lead free bullet. This can be either custom ammo or factory. I have been shooting Hammer Bullets out of my other guns and it seems to work well out to about 300 yards but i want something that will be good out to 700+. This is for a custom 7mm rem mag and i am going to be shooting mainly mule deer and elk with it. Any Recommendations??

Badlands are about your best option for high BC and lead free...

I'm also in CA and my LR bullet is gonna still be a Berger...if I ever buy another license here, I said screw em this year.

The last two wardens I asked about it aren't enforcing the lead free BS law, so hopefully more follow suit and more lawsuits get filed.

I am also in CA and developed a copper load this year with hammer hunters. They shot great and performed well on game. My next choice would be cutting edge.

How far?
Using my 143hh load for my 7rm at 700 yards zeroed at 100y I get 10.5 moa of drop, 2400fps and 1870 ftlbs
If I substitute the 145 bulldozer bc but use the same mv and zero then at 700 yards I get 10.5moa, 2401fps and 1870ft lbs
Seems like the hammer hunter and bulldozer bullets are very similar --- hammer uses the G7, badlands is using the G1 numbers

At 1000 yards the badlands has .1 moa less drop, 30 ft pounds more energy, and 20 fps more speed. So close that you would need to shoot them side by side in your gun to figure out the actual difference at those distances but I'd bet you couldn't even tell

Any solid copper bullet that is heavier and a higher bc would need a faster twist of 1:8 or better--- what twist is your rifle?

Hey Bo, i was talking to your neibor at Scotts place, he said you had so much fun this year that your gonna sell everything.
Maybe lots of guys be gonna sell everything. Lol
Yep, it was bad up there! The deer are not there like they used to be! Tooooo many doe tags! We saw 1 buck?? I am hearing a lot of guys say the same thing! How do you get a young guy interested when they sit all day and see nothing?I can remember seeing 15-20 bucks per year! When an old guy like me who lived for it says he had enough it is bad! How are you doing?

So, i am California, where all ammo has to be lead free now and i am struggling to find a good long range Copper or lead free bullet. This can be either custom ammo or factory. I have been shooting Hammer Bullets out of my other guns and it seems to work well out to about 300 yards but i want something that will be good out to 700+. This is for a custom 7mm rem mag and i am going to be shooting mainly mule deer and elk with it. Any Recommendations??
What do you quantify as "Good" and seems to work "well" to 300. What are your expectations and what are the current shortcomings? Accuracy, Velocity at distance? Lots of variables here.

If you can make any mono shoot little groups with a 7 mag of any sorts you should be fine (Terminal) to 700, Be it hammers, Barnes, E-tips or the others.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.