Let’s see the rewards of hard work.

Here's my bull from Colorado this year. Had a great hunt with my daughter. The weather was way too nice. We had a great time. 965 yards with 300 lapua. 1.5 mile pack out. We managed to get it in one trip on our backs.

Attachments

• KIMG0016.JPG
    KIMG0016.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 285
These are the pics of my Montana bull. We were full of hunters this year and I only had 1 day to fill the freezer on the Montana tag. I took this little guy at 728 yds with 338 edge. Not very big but eats great! My daughter and son both took nice bulls early so I could not be a prouder dad!

Attachments

• 515.jpeg
    515.jpeg
    80.8 KB · Views: 286
  • 516.jpeg
    516.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 278
Here's my bull from Colorado this year. Had a great hunt with my daughter. The weather was way too nice. We had a great time. 965 yards with 300 lapua. 1.5 mile pack out. We managed to get it in one trip on our backs.

nice bull! what season did you hunt, was it a public land hunt, & what unit did you hunt, if this info isn't private?

It was area 6 3rd season, we finished up with our guided hunters early. So we took a quick trip on foot up in the wilderness area. We hunted about 3 hours before we found this guy across the canyon. 100 percent public land.

Shot my first elk this year after 10 years of hunting em. 750 yds, 338 LM and 300gr Berger. My longest shot on game to date. One of the best hunts I've been on, first one I got to pack my own elk out. It was one heckuva experience. Packed 4 elk out this year, and loved every minute. I wish I'd have made way for these opportunities when I was younger, but I'll keep doing until I'm dead.

My advice to all would be to make your memories while you are young and able. You may well wake up one day and find out you can't anymore.

Congrats.

After 15 years of trying for a Montana 410 district bull tag, here is my first Bull.
There are bigger ones out there, but there is nothing like your first! Missed a great 7x7 at just under 700 yards due to a lack of practice with my rifle. After hitting balloons at 1300yds 3 years ago, I was confident in the gun (300 Win Mag, Savage action, 26" McGowen barrel, Ziess scope, shooting 210 gr Burgers) but made a stupid dial mistake with the wind instead of INTO the wind. Moral of the story...PRACTICE!!! Get out here if you have the chance!

Attachments

• Elk3.jpeg
    Elk3.jpeg
    833.8 KB · Views: 296
After 15 years of trying for a Montana 410 district bull tag, here is my first Bull.
There are bigger ones out there, but there is nothing like your first! Missed a great 7x7 at just under 700 yards due to a lack of practice with my rifle. After hitting balloons at 1300yds 3 years ago, I was confident in the gun (300 Win Mag, Savage action, 26" McGowen barrel, Ziess scope, shooting 210 gr Burgers) but made a stupid dial mistake with the wind instead of INTO the wind. Moral of the story...PRACTICE!!! Get out here if you have the chance!
congrats on your nice bull.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts