Let’s see the rewards of hard work.

Our 2019 Oregon hells canyon elk hunt. I got my mom on her bull opening morning she shot it at 470yards 2 shots with my 30 Sherman with 225 eldm. That was my moms first bull since a spike when she was 17yrs old. And her longest shot. I shot my bull with my custom 270 wsm with 126 hammer hunters at 430 yards one shot Full pass thru. Best part is my good friend, my mom, 2yr old son and wife got to be part of the pack out

that's awesome! That's where my bull came from also. Beautiful country! And those are the best experiences well done!

I just turned 60 and for my birthday my wife gave me a elk hunt in Montana. Better late than never! It's also a great excuse to get into the best shape of my life. Hope to someday share pictures like you all!
Thanks for the motivation!
I wish you luck on your hunt.

Not the biggest bull ever but a heck of a trophy to me. 830 yards 225 ELD-m. One shot put him down in a hurry. Ran about 5 yards then rolled to the bottom. It's hard to tell from that picture but it is super steep where we were.View attachment 165491
That is a huge bull and a rack of a lifetime. I have been hunting elk for 52 years, primarily alone, and have never seen any that big. Congratulations! One question though - how many trips did it take to get the meat, cape, and horns out?

Here's my first archery bull, Sept 2019. Shot at 40 yards, was an absolute rush watching him come right to me.
E42D613D-18CB-4FFA-BBDE-07659D8DED50.jpeg

Ended the season the other day with a tasty calf as well. Bring on 2020!
A59733F1-B8FF-4720-A50F-9FADE6069509.jpeg

That is a huge bull and a rack of a lifetime. I have been hunting elk for 52 years, primarily alone, and have never seen any that big. Congratulations! One question though - how many trips did it take to get the meat, cape, and horns out?

I took the head and horns out that night. My buddy that was with me when I shot it took the back straps and neck meat. We didn't get back to camp until 2 am and we went back a couple days later and got the rest out in one trip with me and three other guys.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts