Coyote rifles...let’s see them..and which stock for mine?

B&C or Mcmillan

• B&C

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • McMIllan

Votes: 61 84.7%

• Total voters

DXHI

Getting a custom rifle built. Accumulating parts as we speak. Build is either going to be a 6.5x47 lapua. or a 308 win. Decided to build off of a rem 700 short action; debating long and hard over going premium vs Bell and Carlson... I have a B&C on my little 204 and have been very pleased, but since this is a custom build considering splurge even more. Going to have a jewel trigger with a brux barrel. Going to be topped with a Leopold optic of some nature.

Going to travel out west this winter with my buddy..ducks in the am, coyote in the pm . Will post pics as she comes along. Not ordering stock for 2 more weeks when I get paid again

That's easy... Of the two options listed, McMillan all the way. I prefer the grip style on Manners stocks, but McM is just as nice in the build quality and fitment.

You should look into building a .25 Creedmoor with a 1:7 twist barrel to shoot the new Blackjack 131 ACE bullets.

https://blackjackbullets.com/produc...mer-live-pilot-0-115-freebore/?v=7516fd43adaa

My coyote rifles? All of mine are multi-purpose, but some are most suited to the task...

Custom 6.5 Grendel I built...

IMG_6877.jpeg

And my custom 700 .25-06 AI 40º...

IMG_6828.jpeg

Honestly, what you pay for a mcmillan I'm not impressed. They are nice stocks, don't get me wrong, but they all seem very clunky. I have owned and used the A5, HTGA, and HTG. I still have the HTGA. I think my downfall was when I got my first manners stock. It's fit and feel is so much better. If mcmillans were priced around the grayboe area, I would say they win all day, but if you're paying that much go manners.

If you want to save money and still have a quality stock the BC M40 and the new long range target model with the adjustable cheek piece is the way to go! I have used BC. I really like them.

Walk around Coyote/varmint rig. SA Ruger M77 in long time discontinued Ruger Ultralight McMillan chambered for 6mm-284. 55 gr nosler BT @ 4100 fps. Extremely flat shooting so no worries about where to hold when that coyote comes to the call. Zero at 100, 4.4 low at 300.

Get a McMillan stock.

Last edited:
I think that a 270 Winchester shines as a coyote caliber. However, I've shot most of the coyotes I've shot with 06 while deer hunting. But The 270 is perfectly paired to coyotes. (Coyotes are the only reason I still have a 270)
download.jpg

I must have missed the part where the OP was asking advice about what chambering..

I think you could get a B&C to shoot perfectly fine if you bedded it properly, if you're going premium though I would also recommend checking out a Manners.
Very friendly and helpful people, if you give them a call and talk with them about your build they'll give you all sorts of options.

I voted for the mcm but if it's not in your budget then the b&c is a great stock for the money.

Here's mine, a trued 700 with a 3B Bart 1:8 at 22 inches in 22-250ai. I built it short to run a can and with a goal of pushing an 80 grainer to 3k which it does well. I'm going to start testing the new 70 grain nosler accubonds very soon. This is a yote hog and occasional deer killer.

Here's the rifle and a 25 round group from fire forming .

20160701_174617-1.jpg
25 shot group.jpg

I have three, an ar-15 in .223, a remington 22-250 with a burned out barrel that I'm about to rebuild into a 22-250 AI with a 7-8 twist to shoot the 75-90 grain pills, and then my SX3 shotgun. I like to have my shotgun across my lap. But here they are
20170611_225103.jpg
FB_IMG_1551375122210.jpg
And this one jist for fun.....a 60 grain V-max to the face is quite comical!!!
FB_IMG_1551375140892.jpg

That's easy... Of the two options listed, McMillan all the way. I prefer the grip style on Manners stocks, but McM is just as nice in the build quality and fitment.

You should look into building a .25 Creedmoor with a 1:7 twist barrel to shoot the new Blackjack 131 ACE bullets.

https://blackjackbullets.com/produc...mer-live-pilot-0-115-freebore/?v=7516fd43adaa

My coyote rifles? All of mine are multi-purpose, but some are most suited to the task...

Custom 6.5 Grendel I built...

View attachment 124542

And my custom 700 .25-06 AI 40º...

View attachment 124543
I am building a Remage and really have a thing for the 257 PRC or whatever Blackjack is calling it.

I must have missed the part where the OP was asking advice about what chambering..

I think you could get a B&C to shoot perfectly fine if you bedded it properly, if you're going premium though I would also recommend checking out a Manners.
Very friendly and helpful people, if you give them a call and talk with them about your build they'll give you all sorts of options.
You must have also missed the part where I gave a crap. ;)