Let’s play Long-ish range shooting monthly Challenge

This should be interesting and educational……the shooters may become the most educated!😉

Can I assume that benches are not allowed…..and the shooting should replicate "hunting" and would be from typical "in field" stabilizing aides. And should those aides be listed…..example: prone, shooting sticks, bipod, tripod, ect. ? memtb
Yes you can I just revised the rules no bench shooting , field positions only

Sounds like a good idea. We have a PRS Range so can shoot off of PRS stations. Unfortunately it's cold now and may be going in for spinal cord surgery again. Just had the MRI done yesterday and need some more xrays done in a few days.
Oh my goodness. Best of luck Brother that sounds horrible but we will pray for you🙏

Sounds like a good idea. We have a PRS Range so can shoot off of PRS stations. Unfortunately it's cold now and may be going in for spinal cord surgery again. Just had the MRI done yesterday and need some more xrays done in a few days.

Sorry to hear about your upcoming surgery….. wishing for you a very successful surgery and quick and complete recovery! memtb

Sorry to hear about your upcoming surgery….. wishing for you a very successful surgery and quick and complete recovery! memtb
Memtb
I was supposed to get a Hip replacement this month, but this spinal cord issue is taking priority.
I am very BLESSED with marring an Angel from the Heavens. Jills is retiring next week to take care of. She has been doing everything around here for a few years with doing a fulltime job.
Taking care of the animals, the house, and me is fulltime. Now she will be able to focus more on Laser Engraving and hopefully the Neurosurgeons can find a fix and I can start chambering & cerakoting fulltime.
Thanks much!!!!
Len

Last edited:
Memtb
I was supposed to get a Hip replacement this month, but this spinal cord issue is taking priority.
I am very BLESSED with marring an Angel from the Heavens. Jills is retiring next week to take care of. She has been doing everything around here for a few years with doing a fulltime job.
Taking care of the animals, the house, and me is fulltime. Now she will be able to focus more on Laser Engraving and hopefully the Neurosurgeons can find a fix and I can start chambering & cerakoting fulltime.
Thanks much!!!!
Len
Well Sounds like Jill is the glue in your foundation!!!
What a fantastic women!!
I'm not gonna lie they don't build them like that anymore.

185932A5-030F-4343-8F8C-C22DC10B60F9.jpeg

It looks like I may have a break in the weather for two days to enter my challenge according to the climate change network

A thought !!
Should we pick a different distance and shooting position each month till we reach 1000 yards ?
Example this month 300 yards free standing 1 shot cold bore !!

Also change to no groups just cold bore first round hits ?
I think that would be better?

I just changed the rules on the original post
To 300 yards free standing 1 shot cold bore.

We will use the honor system here.
And if you have a disability and need to use a shooting stick to assist That will be allowed.

Ohhh my arm hurts all of a sudden
Just kidding 🤣

Last edited:
View attachment 534110
It looks like I may have a break in the weather for two days to enter my challenge according to the climate change network
I was thinking the same thing when I saw someone from GA saying "it's cold here."

I used to live in International Falls, MN and shot year round, even at -30. I remember I had to shoot pretty quickly or my trigger finger would be so numb I couldn't feel it - the cold trigger was actually painful to touch.