Let’s play Long-ish range shooting monthly Challenge

A thought !!
Should we pick a different distance and shooting position each month till we reach 1000 yards ?
Example this month 300 yards free standing 1 shot cold bore !!

Also change to no groups just cold bore first round hits ?
I think that would be better?

I just changed the rules on the original post
To 300 yards free standing 1 shot cold bore.

We will use the honor system here.
And if you have a disability and need to use a shooting stick to assist That will be allowed.

Ohhh my arm hurts all of a sudden
Just kidding 🤣

Offhand (pun intended) ……shooting offhand @ 300 will be rather humbling for the majority of us! memtb

Well Sounds like Jill is the glue in your foundation!!!
What a fantastic women!!
I'm not gonna lie they don't build them like that anymore.
Yes sir I ended up with one in a trillion. Loves me, the animals, our lifestyle, the outdoors, and GUNS!!! Plus she is a Trophy wife!

I'm going to tag my self as my range doesn't have targets other than 100 zero boards until after 425 yards. We have rocks, tripods cattle gates ect to shoot off so I can't play until after this goes but I will take a phone scope video when the wife and I start playing.

I'm going to tag my self as my range doesn't have targets other than 100 zero boards until after 425 yards. We have rocks, tripods cattle gates ect to shoot off so I can't play until after this goes but I will take a phone scope video when the wife and I start playing.
Perfect 👍I guess we should also measure distance from point of of aim so we can have a winner at the end of the month

This reminds me a little bit like the "Potal Match" , the correct spelling should have been Postal…..a story behind it! Something we did on 24 Hour Campfire about 20 years ago.

It was a lot of fun…..This should be equally as much fun! memtb

Let's make a thread starting with A different Cold bore shot each month, example January 1 shot cold bore free standing 100 yards next month we will pick a different yardage and position
( current and not old pics )

Not many rules just be honest and shoot 1 shot cold bore in stated position , state weather conditions , rifles specs and cartridge and load data, shoot and post as many cartridges and rifles as you would like. NO BENCHES ,FIELD POSITIONS ONLY which will be selected monthly and will include bipod , tripod , lay down , no practise shots.
PLEASE MEASURE DISTANCE FROM POINT OF AIM TO IMPACT with each rifle you choose to enter so we can pick a winner each month.
Unfortunately due to weather conditions I can not post pictures first because it's cold AF up here in Canada as well as many other places. Just post as you can and we will gain 100 yards each month till we reach a desired Distance you guys decide on !!

Don't make me play this by myself🤣
I'm in....are you intending to keep a list of who's in or what more do I need to do to participate?

I'm in....are you intending to keep a list of who's in or what more do I need to do to participate?
Nope nothing more needed just get to shooting and share results on here when finished.
I'm not sure the edit option will stay available on my original post but if it does I will put everyones handle and measurement on the original post

Last edited: