Long-ish range with hk91?

Just_James

Ok, so first off I know this is not an ideal rifle. I went to a long range shoot over the weekend and brought it because I had ammo for it and it doesn't kick. It was fun and accurate enough that I could walk my shots into even some of the distant targets as long as I could see them well enough.

What are some options for scopes and aftermarket rail setups? Any of them provide better eye relief? Anyone have experience with the Magpul stock? Worth it over a slip on cheek rest? Anything else that can be done to tighten it up without spending a lot of money? Already checked out some PSG1 parts and ruled them out. Probably great parts, but don't want to spend that much on this gun.

Ok, so first off I know this is not an ideal rifle. I went to a long range shoot over the weekend and brought it because I had ammo for it and it doesn't kick. It was fun and accurate enough that I could walk my shots into even some of the distant targets as long as I could see them well enough.

What are some options for scopes and aftermarket rail setups? Any of them provide better eye relief? Anyone have experience with the Magpul stock? Worth it over a slip on cheek rest? Anything else that can be done to tighten it up without spending a lot of money? Already checked out some PSG1 parts and ruled them out. Probably great parts, but don't want to spend that much on this gun.

The factory Claw Mount scope mount is probably the most practical. That rifle will deliver good accuracy, but not stellar in my experience. They are profoundly reliable, a real battlefield implement. The few I have had responded to common match loads the M1A guys use. Mine never delivered bolt gun accuracy, even the PSG. But they sure are cool. Mine would shoot into 2" at 200 meters (2 MOA)

What did you use for a scope? I've got the factory claw mount and was debating about keeping it or swapping to a picatinny mount and some lower rings.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts