Lefty: what stainless 308 bolt action rifle?

Porker

Hi all,

It's been a while since posting my last thread, having located to Australia and having to settle in. My LH stainless custom Ruger 338WM on a 375 Alaskan platform has finally arrived from the US and should be licensed within the next few weeks to be my all purpose hunter.

Need some advice from all you good people out there with regards to a left hand stainless 308 cal rifle. This will be for subsonic vermin application, but want it with a tactical flavour, not too heavy with 18-20" barrel. I have looked at Tikka light, Ruger Scout and the SSG 69 P4 will almost make me forsake the stainless LH option. Have in mind to custom a target rife in left stainless if ever there is such a thing...

Any advice please .... custom or standard production options. If you had one custom made, please post a pic.

thanks guys, does anyone know about a left hand stainless bull/target barrel 308 used by law enforcement?

Pitty the Remington has a blued action with stainless barrel. The Savage is also an option I looked at, but i'm going down from 13 rifles in South Africa to just 2 here in Australia.

The custom 338 WM is in Freemantle harbour and i hope to show some pics soon:D
That leaves me with 1 more slot and an all purpose rifle will be it ... and I want something special if its only going to be 2 rifles. Would like to start a thread on an all purpose rifle ... where do I post it in this forum?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.