Lapua Brass vs Nosler Premium Vs Norma

The_Whitetail_kid

Hello everyone. Looking for some opinions on best brass brands. I have found Lapua brass, nosler premium brass, and Norma brass in stock in various places. This brass will be for a 6.5prc. Does it matter which I go with necessarily. Price points are different on all 3 so wanting to see what y'all's opinions were before I haul off and buy some. Thanks.

There are a ton of threads, but in general 95% of the discussion is usually various ways of people saying Lapua, ADG, and Peterson are the best.

Also, define best. I don't know that you will shoot better groups, but you should have more consistent brass and longer lasting brass.

All things being equal the primer pockets in the lapua will last longer and the nosler is fully prepped and ready to shoot straight out of the box.

To me the best is whatever lasts the longest. With minimal sizing, hard brass lasts, soft brass doesn't.
So without knowing the brass alloy of mentioned brands it would be an uninformed decision for me.

In the past, Norma pockets opened too fast for me.
In contrast, I'm still using brown box Lapua 223 and 6BR cases from 30yrs ago.
CaseBrassXRFV3.jpg

FWIW, picked up some Nosler 280 brass.
Q/C must have had COVID that day. Necks out of round, about 10 chipped and jagged, supposed to be chamfered/deburred. Not worth what they advertise to me "fully prepped".

These times though, you have to take what you can get.

I think you have quality from each maker if you sort them by weight and don't hot rod them… but what's the fun in that…

Hard pass on the Nosler brass, for what it costs just get good brass. Norma is OK for me but not in the first couple choices, it is relatively soft. No complaints on Lapua brass, I would buy it if those are your three choices.

Hard pass on the Nosler brass, for what it costs just get good brass. Norma is OK for me but not in the first couple choices, it is relatively soft. No complaints on Lapua brass, I would buy it if those are your three choices.

Not sure how it is these days, but once upon a time... Nosler, and Norma... were both made by RUAG. (RWS)

Can someone show me a video of the Nosler or Norma brass factory? I've yet to see such a thing.

There's lots of "brands" but precious few actual manufacturers in this industry.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Hello everyone. Looking for some opinions on best brass brands. I have found Lapua brass, nosler premium brass, and Norma brass in stock in various places. This brass will be for a 6.5prc. Does it matter which I go with necessarily. Price points are different on all 3 so wanting to see what y'all's opinions were before I haul off and buy some. Thanks.
Lapua vastly superior. Peterson is extremely good as well, on par with lapua. Norma very good consistency but tents to not be overly hard. Newer cartridges seem to be a bit better in this area. Nosler on par stength wise with norma but from what i have seen, the factory prep sucks and needs to be redone. the neck chamfer is always off. Decent brass, far over prices. So to list them Lapua way ahead, then distant 2nd norma and the nosler…..