lapua vs norma brass

Did you mean "normal" brass or Norma? You post asks about rem or win brass.

If you intended that to be Norma brass, in my experience it is good brass but soft. I use it for my 338 Khan (338/378 improved). It does not take much abuse to loosen primer pockets.

As for Lapua, they make great brass. Very consistent top quality stuff. It is also a fairly hard alloy and will stand up to top end loads much longer before the primer pockets go south. If it was available for all the calibers I load for I would use nothing else.

That said, I am not saying you cannot load good accurate ammo with "normal" brass. For me the answer to your question is...... if you are into precision loading and long range shooting, then YES it is worth the money.

How do they compare? Do you really get more reloads out of premium brass over say win or Rem

They both are very good, but different. The Lapua seems to be more apt to work harden quicker than the Norma brass. The Norma is a little softer, but it stays consistent longer. Primer pockets are great on both. I have a batch of Norma 7mag brass right now that is just awesome. ( I know where there is 14 more boxes of it too). I like both of them. Don't overlook Nosler brass, it is very good as well. Nearly perfect right out of the box. AIM SMALL, MISS SMALLlightbulb gun) 7STW.

Brand isn't what makes brass last.
Good brass is that, regardless of brand.
Just a matter of buying, identifying, and separating it.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.