Knoxx CompStock, is it BS? VERDICT PAGE 2.

knoxx stock

I am having a .338 edge A.I. improved built by Alberta Tactical Rifle , when I was in the research stage of what I wanted to do for the build, I thought this stock seemed interesting. local dealer did not have any rifle stocks to look at (had shotgun).I called the factory and asked what they thought about their stock on a long range prcision rifle. They did not say it would not work but judging by the tone and the way they anserwed I got the feeling they were not that confident in its accuracy. By the way I went with a Joel Russo A5L for my build.
NOT SURE IF ALLOWED
but here goes Joel Russo is a first class guy to deal with 100%
Also up here in alberta I looked around for a long time and talked to alot of people about what I wanted , all my research kept pointing me back to Rick at Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply. Very knowledgeable man answered all my questions, with sound advice. I have since looked at lots of guns he has built and feel his workmanship and product are second to none. my opinion.

The recoil reduction device in knoxx stocks is installed in a hogue overmolded stock. It is eminently removeable, and could be retrofitted to a more comfortable synthetic of your choice, eliminating the grippiness of the overmolded rubber cheek grabbing ouch.

Thinking long and hard about it, I really think this could make for a very sweet lightweight but heavy hitting type rifle. Thinking something big and harsh like one of the super .338's, with a vias or gentry brake, giving decent recoil reduction and less noise than most others, and a knoxx system in the stock, making for a pussycat to shoot, even as light as you could possibly build it.

FYI this thing is junk. maybe they're nicer for shotguns, but I'll never own another.

I've seen alot of unsolicited comments (by actual users) on the knoxx compstock for rifles, shotguns, etc on various forums like Midway etc and they have been strongly positive. It is a straight forward absorption of the recoil energy with a spring and cam arrangement and releasing/transferring the same energy much more slowly, significantly reducing the peak short time shock/impulse. I am going to get one and add a JP enterprises tank brake (which makes the gasses push against the recoil).
I will stick my neck out and say this looks like the real deal to me but I am a non user so far, not interested in the 'without' comparison for medical reasons.

Thats my 2 cents

I put one of these on my Mossberg 835 12 ga. 3 1/2" mag shotgun which just beats the snot out of you. It works great, the 3 1/2" 00 bucks are no problem anymore, however, I also have a slug barrel for this gun with a scope and a brand new scar on my forehead. Do not use this stock with a scope with less than 4" of eye relief. My shotgun scope has 3" of eye relief.

bshaw

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.