Just by changing primer ?

That's good to know. It appears they are case specific. One custom is 75.00, but if it will help with runout, too that is actually pretty cheap. Have to go custom for a bushing die, as well. At least as far as I can tell. Looked at Redding, and Forster, it's not a standard piece for big Wby case. Probably need to turn necks to get the most out of it, do you think ?

I may have confused you with what I was saying. The crimp die works fine in the ones I used. The whole run out issue comes from using their collet neck sizing dies on various cartridges. They are two different dies and yes both are cartridge specific but I have found I can often use one die to do more than one cartridge by playing around with how they are adjusted. Example neck sizer for a 7x57 will also work for a 280, 284 etc. and a 458 Win crimp die will also crimp 45-70, 460 Bee and 458 Lott. I wouldn't do this regularly but if I am just loading up some ammo for a buddy and don't have the exact die this gets the job done and most times about as well as the dedicated die.

You can get Lee die sets that have the neck collet die, crimp die and FL die plus seating die for almost any cartridge and they are in general really inexpensive, less than half what a comparable 3 die bushing set would be.

With the Lee neck size collet die you don't have to turn necks, it is one of their big advantages. If you use a Redding or RCBS bushing die then you will want to turn the necks as the bushing dies work much better with consistent neck thickness.

I may have confused you with what I was saying. The crimp die works fine in the ones I used. The whole run out issue comes from using their collet neck sizing dies on various cartridges. They are two different dies and yes both are cartridge specific but I have found I can often use one die to do more than one cartridge by playing around with how they are adjusted. Example neck sizer for a 7x57 will also work for a 280, 284 etc. and a 458 Win crimp die will also crimp 45-70, 460 Bee and 458 Lott. I wouldn't do this regularly but if I am just loading up some ammo for a buddy and don't have the exact die this gets the job done and most times about as well as the dedicated die.

You can get Lee die sets that have the neck collet die, crimp die and FL die plus seating die for almost any cartridge and they are in general really inexpensive, less than half what a comparable 3 die bushing set would be.

With the Lee neck size collet die you don't have to turn necks, it is one of their big advantages. If you use a Redding or RCBS bushing die then you will want to turn the necks as the bushing dies work much better with consistent neck thickness.
Ah, ok now I get it. Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.