primer changes

sully

this may sound like a basic question but ive only used 215m primers with retumbo for my 30-378 wthby and i can no longer get those. is it ok to substitute 250 cci for this load?

I changed a few loads from fed 215 gm's to cci 250 M's for the same reason. Just could not get them. It all worked out good for me with no noticable difference. I would think the biggerst concern would be,... it could affect the ES of the load. So you may want to chrony a string of the new load to make sure it is with in your tolerance.

So I guess the simple answer would be, both 215 gm's and cci 250's should work fine in your 30-378 with retumbo. If you are close to max with Retumbo I would back off a couple grains for the first test.

Hope this answers the question.

Jeff

that is what i thought , but had to make sure. Ill back down from the top end on the first 5 string and check things out on my chrono. im still a novice reloader. no primers is no good!! thanks for the info......

You'll be safe to work up again, but I've always had the best results with E.S. and S.D. when using CCI primers.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts