Is it Common for 6.5 PRC Short Actions to Fail to Eject Live Rounds

I have a 6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt Pro and have never had an ejection problem with that action. But then I've only shot 60 rounds through it.
RIFLE.jpeg

Last edited:
I thought I would do those who have responded the courtesy of my status so far. I did contact Bergara and got an odd, although very accommodating, response. They are sending me the bolt repair parts/kit. Here is the response (I removed the CSR's name intentionally):

"Thomas,
Our rifles are not designed to eject live rounds in the PRC due to the overall length of the bullet only spent casings. I have a replacement order placed for a new bolt repair kit . We are currently out of stock as soon as they come in it will ship out to you .

Thanks,

XXXX XXXXX
Customer Service Rep
BPI Outdoors"

Last edited:
I thought I would do those who have responded the courtesy of my status so far. I did contact Bergara and got an odd, although very accommodating response. They are sending me the bolt repair parts/kit. Here is the response (I removed the CSR's name intentionally):

"Thomas,
Our rifles are not designed to eject live rounds in the PRC due to the overall length of the bullet only spent casings. I have a replacement order placed for a new bolt repair kit . We are currently out of stock as soon as they come in it will ship out to you .

Thanks,

XXXX XXXXX
Customer Service Rep
BPI Outdoors"
Lmao! At least you got an answer....certainly an interesting way to design a gun! It makes sense though doesn't it.....LIKE WHO'D WANT TO PUT LIVE ROUNDS IN A GUN and NOT SHOOT THEM...really you should know better to load more than you intend to use...otherwise makes for a great single shot gun! 🤣

Savages have a similar problem with 6BR cartridges. It's backwards though. Savages eject loaded rounds but fired cases intermittently fall back into the chamber. There are some home remedies and a couple aftermarket kits to fix it. They have todo with using a stronger ejector spring and a slightly modified ejector rod. The Bergara repair kit is probably something similar.

I thought I would do those who have responded the courtesy of my status so far. I did contact Bergara and got an odd, although very accommodating, response. They are sending me the bolt repair parts/kit. Here is the response (I removed the CSR's name intentionally):

"Thomas,

Thanks,

XXXX XXXXX
Customer Service Rep
BPI Outdoors"
Their reply seems curt. Surprised they admitted the flaw and more surprised of their solution? An out-of-stock bolt repair kit? Is this supposed to remedy the problem? It is odd as you say. Would be curious to know more about the "repair" when you do. In any event I hope it works out for you all. Thanks for the update.

Well they sent me the repair kit. I replaced all of the parts and it is still failing to eject live rounds. Interestingly enough, when I load the magazine with three rounds, it now appears to eject the last loaded round (bottom in magazine). Anyway, after being informed that the solution didn't work, Bergara sent me a return label for me to return it to them for their inspection and repair.

Thinking out loud here....is it possible the bolt stop is too far back? Allowing the case to travel too deep into the back of the action before letting go?
Most of the Wyatt's extended boxes remove material from the bolt stop without opening the rear of the ejection port. They do on some of the large magnum boxes (4" box). I believe it's an ejector/ extractor issue. Had a similar issue on a Remington S/A. It was a combination of the two.

Recent Posts