Having issues getting the bolt to eject

Stringstalker

I got a new gun. Remington 700 that was blueprinted. Got a McMillan stock in the game warden. Ordered a Carbon wrapped barrel in the 28 nosler. Had it put together and found the bolt will open up after a shot. But I can't pull it back. Takes a lot of work. Right now it's a single shot. Wondering if anyone has a suggestion on what's up. Head space is good. I'll include pictures of the brass.

Attachments

• 9FC12E77-0981-40FD-A05B-B98C5DCB88AD.jpeg
    9FC12E77-0981-40FD-A05B-B98C5DCB88AD.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 268
  • F85DC117-5886-4893-BF79-F3A25D2B453A.jpeg
    F85DC117-5886-4893-BF79-F3A25D2B453A.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 208
Last edited:
I've got a 700 that the primary extraction is the worst I've ever had on one sounds just like your problem.
Ok. I YouTubed this issue. This is what's happening. Makes me so mad. I paid $450 for that action and then had it blue printed to top that. I expected it to work. Thanks for the help. And guess what. Serial number starts with RR.

I agree ^ cam not spinning the brass to break free because the rough chamber making the brass stick. Because the brass was stuck and the rounds were forcefully extracted, the extractor is or will become bent eventually...then you'll be open the bolt but the brass will be stuck in the chamber and you'll need to dowl it out.

I agree ^ cam not spinning the brass to break free because the rough chamber making the brass stick. Because the brass was stuck and the rounds were forcefully extracted, the extractor is or will become bent eventually...then you'll be open the bolt but the brass will be stuck in the chamber and you'll need to dowl it out.
So two issues.... rough camber. And extraction. Fix the chamber and the extraction will work? Or fix the chamber and have someone tig weld my bolt flap the extraction will work ?? Is this something Remington will warranty ?

So two issues.... rough camber. And extraction. Fix the chamber and the extraction will work? Or fix the chamber and have someone tig weld my bolt flap the extraction will work ?? Is this something Remington will warranty ?

Nah more just thinking out loud.

if you pull or hammer the bolt for the stuck round to come out you could mess up the extractor. I would get the barrel/chamber sorted out first and try not to shoot anymore until it's fixed. I've heard of rough or tooled chambers happening before with factory remingtons.

However if the extractor did bend or loosen then it will have to be fixed as well, but it would have been a result of you trying to unstick the round.

No idea about the warranty, Remington isn't a customer friendly company anymore.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.