I Really Need a Psychiatrist!

Hint: Pay attention to the part about mental practice! The rest of the book is great as well, but that part alone is worth the price! It was unbelievable how my heeling percentage increased!

I think I may have a few ideas of things to try. These are some of the range habits I have formed and help me get calm.
After I set up targets and walk back to the bench, I unload my gear. I get really excited at this point and know I am in no condition to shoot. The first thing I do is approach my rifle straight from behind. Make sure its unloaded. I take my position on the bench and establish my shooting position. I focus on setting my positions and getting comfortable with my rifle in the ready.
I run first focal plane so my next step is making sure my diopter is correct and I'm not seeing any reticle shift. I move my head side to side and adjust my range dial until i do not see my reticle shifting at all when I have it on the center of the target. I close my eyes for a few seconds and take a few deep breaths. I open my eyes and make sure I am still on target and my scope is all in focus and I have a full sight picture. I hold that for about 20 or 30 seconds taking long deep breaths. Once my heart rate is down I close the bolt and center everything. I do dry fires for probably 2 or 3 minutes making sure everything feels good. I make sure I see no poa shifts on my trigger pull. Usually if I see a slight shift it's because of poor trigger follow through. When I know I've got that all where I like it, only then do I chamber.
My next step is making sure I pull the rifle back into my shoulder pocket. I nose the barrel slightly down as I press into the bipod to load it up. I hold that pressure and chamber a round. I close my eyes from a moment and take more deep breaths. I open both eyes, ensure everything is still on zero and pressure the trigger. I hold that pressure until I fire. I make sure I follow through on my trigger for a second or so and let off.
You may try that whole series of steps and then get up, walk behind the rifle and take some breaths. Once you feel comfortable, repeat everything above. Give yourself 2 or 3 minutes between shots. Don't worry so much on results on paper, but focus on good habits.

I agree with what most people are reporting here that your spread looks like shooter error. I know this because your target spread looks almost identical to mine when I was doing my load development. I cannot tell you the number of hours I wasted doing load development shots where my results were skewed because of the amount of my shooting error.
I was shooting at 200 yards with a 7SAUM. I was all over the place. I suspected I was the problem so I ordered and watched a long range shooting training video. Some of the direction that video gave was about how to hold the rifle so I did what was instructed. I applied the 'fundamentals' over and over and never saw anything improving. I was in denial that I could be the cause because I was learning from "the best". I started to take suggestions from other people and I found that there was quite a lot wrong with how I was shooting. Another tricky thing is that when you are shooting mag rounds any errors are exacerbated.
I dont know if its against the rules here, but there is a ton of good direction on youtube from the guy who runs snipershide. Search SHLowlight and watch his videos about how to set up on the rifle and how to grip the rifle. This is the direction I applied and saw an immediate improvement. I think if you take this suggestion and slow everything down, you will reestablish habits that will make you more consistent.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.