Howa rifles

I am looking to get a new coyote rifle. I was looking at the howa rifles. Ive been hearing mixed opinions from people. What do you guys think? I was looking to get it in 243 or 270. Your guys opinions would be really appreciated. Thanks
Hi I have a bolt action Ruger American 270 riifle with composite stock, all flat black. Fired fewer than 20 times. At 80 years so I'm open to small caliber rifles and Thompson Conteder or Encore items in trade/partial trade. Meet within 60 niles of Salem. Pics on request.like new Ruger America 270 with 3x9 Nikon Prostaff scope. $550 plus shipping

Howa are great actions. Probably the only thing I don't like on them is the tenon length and the fact that it's a metric threaded tenon so it annoys gunsmiths because they have to fiddle with their lathes. Super smooth bolts, m16 style extractor that doesn't cut into any locking lugs, one piece bolt, japanese machining quality (great stuff), flat bottom, integral recoil lug.

With the front action screw in the recoil lug I've seen reports of it being a little sensitive to screw torque but never personally experienced any issues with that on mine. It's basically the perfect mix of mauser/m70 and R700 features.

As far as which chamber, I'd probably do .243 or actually .243AI and look at bullets in the 55-75gr zone zinging at 3500fps and better. Will absolutely maul coyotes and shoots super flat so range estimation slop is greater & you can aim on hair for a surprisingly long distance.

Mine's a 6XC.

img_5049.jpg

I have two Vanguard rifles, same as and made by Howa. Both are great shooters and very sturdy. I have only bedded the stocks and installed Timney triggers.