New to scopes/rifles for yotes.

Huntard

So i typically hunt yotes with a 12ga full choke #2 or #4 buck but im not doing that this year, i want more of a challenge. So i went and bought a marlin 336 .35cal lever action with a bushnell banner 3-9x. Now i know a .35 cal is overkill and i know that it also is not ideal for range esp with the drop off after 300yrds but i like to give myself a challenge so when i switch to what is ideal it will be much easier for me to learn. Plus its a real fun gun. But since i've never done this with a rifle/scope, what do i need to know. Any pointers?

Also im hunting in the catskills in new york, there never arises an opportunity to shoot over 300 yards and 300 is still very very rare for where i hunt. Most of my shots will be within 150 and its thick sometimes so the .35 is pretty ideal, and a nice crossover for deer and bear. But my main focus this season is yotes.

Any help is really appreciated.

Basically my questions are in regards to the scope. I'm not sure if that is a good scope, or if i should upgrade. Any suggestions for a great scope that works well on a .35cal for yotes?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.