How Many Centerfire Rounds Do You Fire Per Year?

How Many Centerfire Rounds Do You Fire Per Year?

• Under 100

Votes: 152 6.1%
  • 101 to 500

Votes: 720 28.8%
  • 501 to 1,000

Votes: 658 26.3%
  • 1,001 to 3,000

Votes: 689 27.5%
  • 3,001 to 5,000

Votes: 143 5.7%
  • Over 5,000

Votes: 141 5.6%

• Total voters
I go through at least 500-1000 .223's a year shooting varmints, then another 100 .338wm's, and at least another 100 through various other rifles. I probably put at least 500rds of centerfire pistol down range. I just built a 6.5-284 a month ago and almost got 50rds down the tube on that. I expect that I'll shoot that more through the year than my .338 in the future. alltogether I'm in the 1-2000 range, not counting the thousands of rimfire and shotgun rounds I burn every year.

Shocked myself with the number!!!

Wow, what an eye opener! I never actually figured how many rounds I fired each year but out of my 5 centerfire rifles I shoot about 1300 rounds a year. Crazy! At first I was going to vote for around 3-500 round and then thought I should figure it out. I was shocked that I shot that much. I forgot to even add in the pistol cartridges to that 1300, so it's probably a lot closer to 1500+.

We tend to be a seasonal shooter. Early fall to late spring. This past year probably 250-500 center fire rounds. Work seems to take up to much of my time. Randall

Shooting IDPA, IPSC, Sniper rifle, and practice I'm already in excess of 10,000 rds this year.gun)

I'm not going hunting at all this year with the up coming IDPA Nationals next week:) and seeing a doctor regarding my knee:( and then going to Smyrna,Ga for the Glock armourers course on the 11th of November:) - I'm driving - lack of time - ****!:mad:

Probably 1000 or so centerfire rifle
at least 15,000 centerfire pistol

IDPA Master and USPSA A class...but long range rifle is a whole new game for me, still learning a lot.

This was an interesting poll, I try to keep a yearly log of rounds fired. I noticed an immense decrease in volume when I started school, then an even more drastic decline when I met a Girl, and then another decrease when I married said Girl.

I hope That is not a trend line that sticks.

For the year 08 i was under 100 :(

For 09 I have already shot more this year than in 08, contrast this to 04 when i did 500 rounds rim fire, 200 rounds 12 gauge, and 50 rounds center fire a week.

Hoping to return to those numbers in the near future, I'm so rusty my trigger finger squeaks like an old bolt. I may not have had time to shoot this last years but I have perfected my reloading skills and have A significant pile of loaded rounds to let fly.

It seems the Long Range Hunting group shoots almost as much as the Competition group. In fact, many of our members are serious competitors.

I enjoy long range hunting but my first love is competitive long range target shooting. F tr class and Palma. I easily shoot 3 thousand rounds per year probably close to 5000.

I shoot atleast 100 rounds/wk out of my carry handgun (Glock 20 10mm), 100/wk from other misc handguns (9mm, .40 SW, .45 ACP, .460 SW mag), and probably another 500/mo from my .223's. Weatherby Vanguard .300 Win Mag should be in Friday, so add about 100/mo from that.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.