How often do you use your gun in a year?

How often do you use your gun in a year?

• 0 to 10 days

Votes: 40 4.9%
  • 11 to 20 days

Votes: 94 11.5%
  • 21 to 50 days

Votes: 214 26.2%
  • 51 to 100 days

Votes: 187 22.9%
  • Over 100 days

Votes: 282 34.5%

• Total voters
I got my own rifle range and a property with plenty of pests on it. I am a member of the local NRA and deerstalkers clubs so I am at it all the time:D

In addition to shooting a couple of thousand high power rifle , handgun gun, and shotgun, the shooting that is is done year round several times per week is 22 rifle practice.. On my property, I have simulated a 100 yard area that is scaled to 1000 yards. The area has a large population of chipmunks and red squirrels. I have a rifle set up that is similar to my big game rig, right down to the trigger. The scope setup and magnification is scaled 10:1. A 100 yard chipmunk is a 1000 yard whietail, red squirrel is an elk. The Leupold scope is a 6.5x20 EFR adjustable turret that is set up on a very accurate Savage 22. Not exactly the same, but hitting a chipmunk at 100 yards in 10 mph full value wind is a challenge and great practice year round. The added benefit is that my landscape and foundation isn't infested.

Right now I shoot about 15 rounds in late summer to make sure its hitting, and make about 10 kills from October to January with my 300wsm....mostly wild hogs and a whitetail buck. I'm supposed to be getting 10 doe tags this year though. I shoot about 20 rounds to make sure my 223 is hitting and probably go coyote hunting once a year, and end up killing hogs instead. So compared to a lot of you guys, thats not much, but I have a Les Baer 1911 that I shoot thousands of rounds thru every year.

So compared to a lot of you guys, thats not much, but I have a Les Baer 1911 that I shoot thousands of rounds thru every year.
Im sure whoever has your kidney is very thankful for your willingness to sell. :D:D gun)

Since I have one with me everywhere every day that makes it more a question of how many days a year do I go without. Winter is my favorite hunting season. October thru April. Well thru the end of March for predators. But then the bears come out in the spring so.

I shoot 100 days and carry another 100 days or more. Nearly all is done on the farm where I have an 800 yard range capacity. I've been shooting handguns more of late, but will always remain a rifle nut.

I have a range right out my back door(500yard),I shoot 3-4 times a week some times more. Got the room to go out to 1114yards but need to build a back drop out there first.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.