HOT !!! Latest Boone and Crockett Reticle ...

What if leupold just changed the name of the reticle. To me it would show support of the user of this type of reticle and send a message to B&C.

Agree - amen. It would also eliminate any royalty payments to B&C that Leupold is sending to them.

I have no axe to grind with Leupold "today" and have used/owned Leupold for 40+ years. However - if Leupold does not take an "against" or "no stance" to this proclamation and B&C - I am done with Leupold and will send a follow up to my request on what their stance is stating I will no longer support Leupold or "any" of their products.

There is no grey area in my decision.

Leupold is and always has been a great company - now they have been drug into something beyond their control and they will have to deal with it.

Feenix... I'd be very interested in how they respond. I suspect they may attempt to sidestep the issue altogether by not addressing B&C, but rather informing you of alternatives for changing out the current reticle in your scope.

Would you be so kind as to let us know how this pans out?

Thanks!!!

Feenix... I'd be very interested in how they respond. I suspect they may attempt to sidestep the issue altogether by not addressing B&C, but rather informing you of alternatives for changing out the current reticle in your scope.

Would you be so kind as to let us know how this pans out?

Thanks!!!

Will do, cheers!

I just spoke to a friend of the family who I regularly hunt with who has several Leupold B&C reticles... he's tried to talk me into one numerous times but I've always been partial to bushnell glass. (Well until I took a chance and got a vortex viper ffp). I told him about this thread and he said that he is onboard and asked me to send a letter to Leupold on his behalf making the same request. Here's what was sent:

Hello,

I am a proud owner of numerous Leupold scopes and have been a loyal Leupold buyer for nearly 30 years. I currently have several which possess a B&C reticle which is why I am contacting you today. Due to B&C's stance regarding long range hunting, I would like to have their reticles removed from my scopes. Is this option available and what would be an approximate cost for such a service? I suppose I'm attempting to determine whether this would be a cost effective endeavor or if I should just sell the scopes and purchase units without the B&C reticle.

As an avid hunter, both in intent and action for both long and short range, I am not sure that in good conscience I can continue to support companies that affiliate with organizations that promote division within the hunting community. Your company has produced excellent products for as long as I can remember and numerous members of my hunting community would agree that your products stand out for exceptional quality and value, however, I must inform you that many dedicated hunters have had a profoundly negative reaction to B&C's current marketing campaign. I consider myself a fairly even keeled person, and to be quite candid, I considered looking at other manufactures when attempting to determine what to do with respect to removing the B&C reticles from my inventory.

I appreciate your help in resolving this matter and look forward to hearing back from you regarding possible options.

Respectfully,

James

I just spoke to a friend of the family who I regularly hunt with who has several Leupold B&C reticles... he's tried to talk me into one numerous times but I've always been partial to bushnell glass. (Well until I took a chance and got a vortex viper ffp). I told him about this thread and he said that he is onboard and asked me to send a letter to Leupold on his behalf making the same request. Here's what was sent:

Hello,

I am a proud owner of numerous Leupold scopes and have been a loyal Leupold buyer for nearly 30 years. I currently have several which possess a B&C reticle which is why I am contacting you today. Due to B&C's stance regarding long range hunting, I would like to have their reticles removed from my scopes. Is this option available and what would be an approximate cost for such a service? I suppose I'm attempting to determine whether this would be a cost effective endeavor or if I should just sell the scopes and purchase units without the B&C reticle.

As an avid hunter, both in intent and action for both long and short range, I am not sure that in good conscience I can continue to support companies that affiliate with organizations that promote division within the hunting community. Your company has produced excellent products for as long as I can remember and numerous members of my hunting community would agree that your products stand out for exceptional quality and value, however, I must inform you that many dedicated hunters have had a profoundly negative reaction to B&C's current marketing campaign. I consider myself a fairly even keeled person, and to be quite candid, I considered looking at other manufactures when attempting to determine what to do with respect to removing the B&C reticles from my inventory.

I appreciate your help in resolving this matter and look forward to hearing back from you regarding possible options.

Respectfully,

James

Awesome! Hopefully, they'll take an LRH favorable action.

lightbulbI did just that via here >>> Suggest a Product | Leupold Optics, maybe others can do the same. lightbulb

Great link.... I've submitted as well. If only the whole forum community would inundate Leupold with a response regarding B&C's current stance, even those that don't own leupold scopes, perhaps they would take notice. I'm sending them a letter from myself as soon as I get done to the following link. I'm just going to ask how they can support an organization that is making a concerted effort to divide hunters and pander to anti-hunting groups.

Ask a Leupold Expert | Leupold Optics

lightbulbI did just that via here >>> Suggest a Product | Leupold Optics, maybe others can do the same. lightbulb

Feenix: Good input on adding this. I would encourage everyone to become involved if they so choose.

I need to be a little careful on this subject in that I do consider it political - hopefully Len ( Site owner) gives us a little slack on this one as long as we keep it professional.

I would love to see 70K LRH members become active on this unethical anti hunting stance of LRH's by B&C. Keep it civil and professional but I do not feel that it is "ethical or politically wise" to ignore this and hope it goes away. This very attitude IMO is what prompted the origin of this site.

In fact I would appreciate a little direction by Len in what he wants discussed in his "front room". If he says "no go", I will fight this on my own and away from this site.

Feenix: Good input on adding this.I would encourage everyone to become involved if they so choose.

I need to be a little careful on this subject in that I do consider it political - hopefully Len ( Site owner) gives us a little slack on this one as long as we keep it professional.

I would love to see 70K LRH members become active on this unethical anti hunting stance of LRH's by B&C. Keep it civil and professional but I do not feel that it is "ethical or politically wise" to ignore this and hope it goes away. This very attitude IMO is what prompted the origin of this site.

In fact I would appreciate a little direction by Len in what he wants discussed in his "front room". If he says "no go", I will fight this on my own and away from this site.

I totally agree!

Attachments

• speer.jpg
    speer.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.