Homemade Zerostops

Zero stop

Attachments

• horns-11 004.jpg
    horns-11 004.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 66
The turret climbs on a mark 4 as you dial up. The turret is locked to a post in the middle, there is space between base of adj. turret and turret body.At first I HAD A stainless washer that was working, but has to match just right, I added the allen for adjustment and I WAS WORKING WITH DIFFERENT bullets. Allen touches when at your zero.

The turret climbs on a mark 4 as you dial up. The turret is locked to a post in the middle, there is space between base of adj. turret and turret body.At first I HAD A stainless washer that was working, but has to match just right, I added the allen for adjustment and I WAS WORKING WITH DIFFERENT bullets. Allen touches when at your zero.

That's something I didn't think of. Good idea.

I have found that nylon washers (from Lowes) work great. Easy to trim/fit/stack as necessary, low probability of stripping your turret internals.

This is a GREAT thread ! All good ideas but if these washers are made to return to exact zero what happens if you have to change zero for some reason ? I am kinda leaning toward the 1/4 turn low idea so zero can be adjusted and it will still keep from getting a full turn off .

Mine is adjustable w/ allen, then if I am set I would use a semi perminent lock tight

Thanks all of you for the info. I love doing things myself and with all of the ideas that you all have presented I think we can handle about any situation we come across now. Oh and LR did you have to act a little disappointed when your wife shot more pdogs, even though, if you are like me you have buttons popping off of your shirt. I think the only one that could be better than that would be the kids or grand kids, maybe.

Thanks all of you for the info. I love doing things myself and with all of the ideas that you all have presented I think we can handle about any situation we come across now. Oh and LR did you have to act a little disappointed when your wife shot more pdogs, even though, if you are like me you have buttons popping off of your shirt. I think the only one that could be better than that would be the kids or grand kids, maybe.

Actually I was proud. The reason she got more than me is I like to set back and watch her have fun. She sure likes to go to work and tell the guys she works with about our shoots. Gotta love it!:D

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts