Homemade Zerostops

LRSickle

I just got done reading the Huskemaw thread of TikkaMike's (holy cow). Anyway, it was brought up that Huskemaw has a zerostop. So I got to thinkin', Has anyone made their own zerostop? Let's see them. I have access to some pretty good equiptment so I bet I could whip me some up.

Unlike you, I have access to some pretty crappy equipment. My attempt at a zero stop was quite unsuccessful.

Maybe I need to actually see a Zero Stop and how it works.:)

I have gunsmith made zero stops on my leupolds. I will take some pictures if you like they are a ring that goes under the knob and has tiny allen set screws. they are very inexpensive.

LR,

Your having a whole conversation on this thread all by yourself it looks like haha. I can see the creative wheels turning in your head... I wish I had some cool tools/know how to make stuff... I will get a picture and post it for you.

I had a couple of turrets made by Kenton for Leupold scopes and they had a set screw on top of the turret that you tightened down when set at 6-8 clicks below your 100 yard zero. They were prone to vibrate loose untill I painted them with nail polish but it was simple and they work quite well. The screw bottoms out on the top of the turret when turned all the way down and does not interfer with anything when the turret is turned up. would work on any knob that has enough room on top end to drill and tap a hole.

Attachments

• 100_0107.JPG
    100_0107.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 205
Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea, I just made a zero stop for my mark 4, I got lucky and found a washer that was just right after I pounded it and redrilled center for post. Guestion, my vari 3 does'nt seem to climb the post as you dial up? How would you zero stop that set up?

Mike! Help a brother out! I have a stable full of leupys that I would LOVE to have zero stops on... will they work on my MK4?

Last edited:
I had a couple of turrets made by Kenton for Leupold scopes and they had a set screw on top of the turret that you tightened down when set at 6-8 clicks below your 100 yard zero. They were prone to vibrate loose untill I painted them with nail polish but it was simple and they work quite well. The screw bottoms out on the top of the turret when turned all the way down and does not interfer with anything when the turret is turned up. would work on any knob that has enough room on top end to drill and tap a hole.

Ok, that looks like a better idea than what I was thinking of. I was going to make some kind of ring that sat below the turret. I think I have to take the turrets off my Nightforces and see what I can do.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.