Help with cracked media tumbler

Dosh

My 8 year old Hornady dry media tumbler has a couple cracks. I noticed yesterday media "walnut shell" was leaking on the floor. I'm sure the manufacturers of these tumblers don't sell replacement bowls when they can sell an entire machine. Thought about epoxying the cracks, but reconsidered since it too may crack. Any thoughts on perhaps silicone?

Good ole duck tape. Holds most everything in life together...

Tried Gorilla tape, but it still leaked. I have a SS pin wet tumbler and only use the dry tumbler occasionally for brass once fired. Perhaps I should bite the bullet and buy a new unit.

My 8 year old Hornady dry media tumbler has a couple cracks. I noticed yesterday media "walnut shell" was leaking on the floor. I'm sure the manufacturers of these tumblers don't sell replacement bowls when they can sell an entire machine. Thought about epoxying the cracks, but reconsidered since it too may crack. Any thoughts on perhaps silicone?
call hornady and see what they say

I've never dealt with that problem, but RCBS has replaced parts for me at no charge. Hope Hornady treats you the same.

I have one of the Hornady bowl style vibratory tumblers. About 5 years ago I sanded the entire outside of mine to scuff it up. Mixed up some fiberglass resin and painted it to get it tacky. Laid one sheet of fiberglass around it, pressed it in and let it stick. Then I mixed up some more resin and painted it to just cover the glass mat. Been going strong ever since. The top cracked a while back but I just run it in the garage with the top off so its no biggie. The fiberglass is super strong and wont crack again. It takes a little time to do (Maybe an hour) and its not the best looking result, but it will keep you from having to find/buy replacement bowls over and over.

if you are going to use a sealer to try and fix it use urethane. It is available at most stores where auto paint is sold, possibly at NAPA or online. Brands such as Sikaflex, 3M or Loctite. It is extremely durable yet flexible enough to not crack during use.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.