thumlers tumbler how much media

Not famaliar with that tumbler, i have a lyman vibrator. On the vibrators you want them to be at least 3;/4 i would say with media and then put in brass. If it is not "Flowing" real nice then take some out.

I find green corn cob media works the best, (No clean up either). Add some water to your media as well (scant 1/4 cup) and you will be amazed at how nice they look.

red media is walnut shells with jewlers rouge. Not sure about the water in that one. I used to use the red media but switched over to green when my old stuff wore out. And i got tired of cleaning brass a second time.

IMO you would be the best to run down to your local Big 5, or gun shop and pick up a 10# (i think) pack of green and throwing the old away.

Another thing with the water, leave the lid off when you store it for a few days to let it dry. Othewise it can mold. I use mine every other day and actually never use the lid for it. (Run it in a detached 2 story shed so i dont have to listen to it).

Also man there can be problems with lead, so pour them out outside. They are really making a big point about lead now adays. There is a lot of lead in the interior of the case after being fired.

If you have a Thumblers thats the expensive part, I would take a hard look at Stainless media (depending on your model). You can use it thousands of times and it cleans better than anything I have used and polishes unlike an ultrasonic. Use the 1/4 of media, 1/2 -3/4 full of water and a drop of soap and lemishine. It will even clean the primer pockets spotless. I will not use anything else now.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.