Help required for English Visitor please.

robbobsam

Hiya Guys,

I am from England and will be in the USA in August/September 2011. I will be trekking from Seattle north to Jasper and Banff in Canada then heading south to Yellowstone national park before heading back to Portland for a day or 2 on the river after Sturgeon.

I would dearly like to have a day or two hunting whilst there as well and would grateful if you could direct me to a good reasonably priced guide for long range varmint hunting.

I am not too sure whether there is season in the USA for coyotes, fox and prairie dogs and rabbit but if you can help me with some sound advice and maybe a decent guide I would be grateful.

Alternatively if any of you guys can sort me out I would be grateful for the help.

Please let me know.

Moty of the of the animals you are asking about are considered either pests or predators and are open for hunting the year around in Wyoming, Idaho and probably Montana. Cottontail rabbits would be the exception and have a season and limit on them. Jackrabbits are open the all year. I'm about 5 hours drive East of Yellowstone and may be able to take you out for Praire dogs. There are several places within 45 min. drive time of town. Lets talk some more as it gets closer. bruce

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.