Help please!

Clndesl

Ok, i need some help from the pros. I am putting together a savage 111 build and im stuck on which caliber i should use. It will be used for long range hunting of antelope up to elk and ranges from 200-1200. I also go out and shoot rocks and steel out to 1500 now with my 300wm and wsm. The two calibers im stuck between are 338 edge and 7wsm. The thing i am stuck on is my manners t3 stock is at CDI getting bottom metal now so I would like a repeater. It is not a problem for the 7wsm in the long action but even with the 338 cip AI mag i can only get 3.75oal. Is that too small for the 300 grainers. if so i guess i just go for the 7wsm. thanks in advance.

If you aren't going to use your current .300's for that, I would go with the .338. The 7wsm is going to be very similar to your two .300's that you already have. Just my two cents...

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.