Has anybody here used SAVVYSURVIVOR.COM products?

JKO

I'm considering purchasing a new soft case for my .30 Cody Express/.30-416 RAI.

SAVVY SURVIVOR has a case that *might* be long enough, but I'd like to know if anyone here has ever dealt with them before I fork over almost $300.00 for a rifle case.

The item in question is called the HAZ-MAT; it's a combination rifle case, shooting mat, and backpack. SAVVYSURVIVOR claims that the case will fit a *fully assembled* Barrett M-82A1 or M-107 rifle *with optics*.

According to their Website, Barrett Rifles, both semiautomatic .50s are 57 inches long from butt to muzzle.

My Heavy Bench gun is 58 inches long (however, my rifle doesn't have a bulky muzzle brake like the Barrett, so there may be a little extra "wiggle room", so to speak). It measures 12" heel-to-toe on the butt, 8" wide across the cheekpiece (the widest part of the stock), and approximately 10" deep through the fore-end; that is, from the bottom of the receiver area of the stock to the top of the telescopic sight's windage turret (the one on the top of the 'scope; I'm afraid that I get things misconstrued sometimes).

Any advice on the matter will be appreciated.

Thanks,

JKO

BTW: Len, Dave & Ian--I misread the instructions and originally posted this in the "Equipment Reviews" section. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Feel free to delete that post if you wish.

My apologies for any inconvenience that I may have caused.

--JKO

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.