Eberlestock products--has anyone here used them?

JKO

I think that I already know the answer to this question, but here goes anyway:

Has anyone here ever used Eberlestock products?

I *may* be purchasing one of their big cases--either the Phantom or the Skycrane, I think--to make hauling my Heavy Bench gun to and from the range easier.

I spoke with Mr. Eberle today, and he says that he MIGHT be able to accommodate me; the tricky part is my rifle's unusual stock configuration.

Thanks.
--JKO

I have had one of there early packs (before they had more than one model) for a few years. I have hauled my 338 EDGE quite a few miles during hunting season on foot and 20x that much on a quad. They are first rate in my book. I think it is the best thing to happen to the LRH gear packer in a long time. I have been humping long range rifles around for hunting and for work for 18 years or so and I have seen nothing that compares to it for field use.

JKO
I also have one "The gun slinger" I think!!
Holds my gun, bino, range finder etc. mostly use mine like a day pack out hunting.
used it several times in colo, Utah, and one trip to Northern Canada.
My dealings with them was first rate.

I did make some changes to mine.
I added 8" lenght to the boot, "Too much" the barrell hit my calfs when walking. so cut off 4" now work just right for me. Also I added a handle to the side with the zipper so when taking it off the zipper is always on top for fast access to the stuff inside.

CAM

I added a Blackhawk cartridge carrier to the belt, front off side to carry 338 EDGE rounds and a drop sheet. This allows me a drop sheet, ammo, and rifle without taking the pack off if I need to.

JKO,

I've got the GS05MG Gunslinger in Coyote color. I recently used it on a Long Range shooting comp and all I can say is, "what did I ever do before I had this thing". It's an awesome pack. The only other pack that I can see that would top it is Eberle's new Phantom model.

I've carried my LR rifle, my AR and my FAL in this thing. They all fit. The quality is excellent.

Mr. Eberle is a very nice guy. He makes them here in Boise and put a lot of thought into his products. He's an Olympic Biathlete and I believe started out by building a stock for his Biathlon rifle, then he branched out into the packs.

From what I understand all our snipers over in Iraq and Afghanistan are requesting his packs and are loving them.

I can't remember the model number of the pack I use (it is the full pack with integral frame and gun holder) but I absolutely love it. I think it is actually called the "just one pack" and it is aptly named.

It's spendy (around $225 I believe)but worth every penny. I don't go hunting without it anymore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.