Hart barrels?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by eyeballjr, Jan 3, 2011.

1. eyeballjr

eyeballjr Well-Known Member

Anyone ever used the hart rebarreling service? Where you send them in an action and they true it up and rebarrel for the caliber of your choice. I have an old Model 70 that i would like to have a barrel put on and it seemed like a good deal. Think it is $650.

Hart Rifle Barrels

2. shortgrass

shortgrass Well-Known Member

I use Hart Barrel blanks quit often, V.G. quality.

3. roninflag

roninflag Well-Known Member

i have one hart and 6 kriegers. very very good.

4. ReachnOut

ReachnOut Well-Known Member

Have one Hart left that has been a very adequate barrel for a couple of thousand rounds. My custom rifles have been replaced with Krieger's on heavy barrels or most recently Bartlein Match Grade for the sporters. Toss up on these two for me, but very impressed with the Bartlein. Best I've used in 30 plus years on a sporter.

5. eyeballjr

eyeballjr Well-Known Member

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm trying to soak as much of this custom gun stuff up as i can. It is really intriguing to me.

6. sambo3006

sambo3006 Well-Known Member

I have a Remington short action varmint that was trued, bedded and rebarreled in 243 by Hart. I'm the second owner of it but it shoots lights out. I think $650 is a very fair price for the barrel and services provided. Would I use them? I'd do it--dare I say it?...... in a Hart beat.:D

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  7. Firecat

Firecat Well-Known Member

Bwaaaahaha Sambo. I love corn.

8. Iron Worker

Iron Worker Well-Known Member

My 6x284 is chambered in a Hart bbl. Its "Bad to the Bone" 1000+ rnd through it all full throttle loads.

9. trebark

trebark Well-Known Member