Hard bolt pull?

Yes I agree.
I myself use the Redding Competition Shell Holder Set in conjunction with the Redding Body Die ( both must be caliber specific )
In this manner you can kill two birds with one stone.
1) Bump your brass shell case to a minus .002" dimension.
2) Actually full length your case along almost its entire length ( actually right on the case head itself incrementally in .002" steps )
When the Redding Body Die is being used it will not touch your case necks only the shoulder and brass cases O.D. Outside Diameter will come in contact with the die itself.
Number 2 is important in your case as in the use of a Lee Factory Crimp Die which may help you out , the Redding setup will allow your cases to actually fit your chamber and bump your shoulder all in one operation.
The Lee Factory crimp die will size your case only to your shell holder, as well as maintain a factory crimp on your bullet.
The Redding set up will allow you to size your case hulls deeper in. 002" increments until your brass shell cases will chamber smoothly. ( it comes with 5 numbered inserts )
Using the above Redding Body die and shell holder you should never again experience this problem , as now your brass is taylor made for this one particular weapon.(only)
I must admit that perhaps I would purchase the Lee Factory Crimp die and try it first as this will be your cheapest option !
If not you can always fall back on the Redding Set Up described briefly above.( I myself am a very big advocate of the Redding Body Set up and use It on all my bottle neck cartridges except for .223 caliber as I use the short base dies for them)
Without going into a long dissertation you can find all you need to know by consulting the Redding Reloading Catalog /Web site
Best Of luck

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.