H-1000 in stock

Not being ugly toward you but I sure hope you are wrong! I like to smell the powder not to eat it!

I haven't the slightest idea what you mean by that. I'm in the process of load laddering a 300 Win Mag with 185 Berger VLD Hunting pills in Norma Brass loading H1000 (I have around 30 pounds on the shelf btw) and Mag-Pro and the Bergers group consistently tighter on Mag Pro than H1000.

Whether a propellant has an vinegar odor or not isn't relevant to me. That only indicates if it's double based powder or single based, nothing more.

I helped keep their shelves empty a few weeks ago and bought to 8-lb. jugs. Had about half of one left, so I have about 20 lb. Works great with my 338-378. My pet round thus far is Nosler 250 gr Accubond. Probly going to go out today and warm up for deer season.

I haven't the slightest idea what you mean by that. I'm in the process of load laddering a 300 Win Mag with 185 Berger VLD Hunting pills in Norma Brass loading H1000 (I have around 30 pounds on the shelf btw) and Mag-Pro and the Bergers group consistently tighter on Mag Pro than H1000.

Whether a propellant has an vinegar odor or not isn't relevant to me. That only indicates if it's double based powder or single based, nothing more.

Meaning that if it won,t work for me I'll have to eat it. Joking of course,could be expensive fertilizer also.

As a rule I never buy propellants in large cannisters unless they have proven themselves for a particular load / firearm. I load H1000 for my 338 Lapua and it works, hence I have quite a bit. I tried it in a 300 WM and tried the Mag-Pro (in a 1 pound can) and it worked better.

I like 8 pound jugs but why buy 8 pounds if it rurns out to be a dud? One pounders are more cost efficient as a trial propellant.

As a rule I never buy propellants in large cannisters unless they have proven themselves for a particular load / firearm. I load H1000 for my 338 Lapua and it works, hence I have quite a bit. I tried it in a 300 WM and tried the Mag-Pro (in a 1 pound can) and it worked better.

I like 8 pound jugs but why buy 8 pounds if it rurns out to be a dud? One pounders are more cost efficient as a trial propellant.

While it is true what you say, I had to buy what was in stock at the time. I based my purchase on what others recommended. I read some very positive reviews on H-1000 and the 215 Berger. Also the 1 pound containers carry the same HazMat fee as an 8 pound container,making the 8 pound cheaper in the long run.
I'm sure I have something that will shoot it well. If not, someone will.

Not to mix politics with this but one of my customers called mke this afternoon and told me he heard that Obummer waqs gonna sign an executive order concerning ...... of all things gun control so maybe you are being pro active in buying it.

I hate to think of another run on components, it's just starting to normaalize a bit....

We don't need gin control, we need givernment accountability.

Well, I'm about a half pound lighter today. Groups were great. I think I'm about ready for deer season.

Not to mix politics with this but one of my customers called mke this afternoon and told me he heard that Obummer waqs gonna sign an executive order concerning ...... of all things gun control so maybe you are being pro active in buying it.

I hate to think of another run on components, it's just starting to normaalize a bit....

We don't need gin control, we need givernment accountability.

The sooner he is out the better!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts