H-1000

Netz

I'm a new reloader searching for Hodgdon H-1000 to begin the process but unable to locate the powder. I would appreciate leads on where to purchase the powder. Thanks.

Hi Netz. Welcome to the forum. This was asked about perhaps 4 days ago. Best is to find 4-5 web sites that get it in regularly and check 2-3 times a week. Eventually you'll score. If you make it to WY then my local gun shop has some on hand. Or next month I'll be in Orofino Id and could bring it that far.... Bruce

I've found it almost useless to look for it online. Most places are going to stock the shelves in their stores first, so that walk in customers don't see empty shelves, before they're going to list it online. Your best bet is to go to places that carry the powder and look for it. While you're their talk to the people that work there. They can give you info on when they get shipments in, and what not. You'd be surprised where it turns up. I just picked up 1 lb of H1000 and 2 lbs of Varget at a Cal Ranch store. If you look online though, it shows they have nothing in stock. :cool:

Try a better powder... Give IMR 7828 SSC a try. Plus, you shouldn't have any issues finding it on shelves.

In my experiences with H1000 it fluctuated in performance and accuracy too bad for me to trust Hodgdon's claims of it being an "extreme powder" and "temp stable"...

I'm a new reloader searching for Hodgdon H-1000 to begin the process but unable to locate the powder. I would appreciate leads on where to purchase the powder. Thanks.

not sure what your loading for but i use retumbo powder for magnum calibers and have real good accuracy and temperature stabilization with it also and it is available as local as cabelas is where i recently got 24 lbs. from

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.