GROUNDHOG MATCH #5 .. 6-04-05

BUFF...there's always all kinds of stuff for sale at these matches..you can just about buy anything that's on the market today at a very resonable price..it's like a mini-market somtimes..I'm amazed at some of the stuff for sale on the hoods of cars and trucks..as far as give aways-they don't last for more than 1 second at best, I'd imagine you couldn't even put the sign up-"free for the taking"..just like a bunch of old ladies at a yard sale to be exact, but that's just part of the entire experience...see you guys when you make it..

hey,just cuz i missed one match,don't count me out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.
lablover days inn in huntingdon (zip=16652) on rt 22 is at the top of raystown lake and 1/2 way between the two shoots.also a comfort inn.i'm going to try to go to both and live @5 miles south of town. not a very big town,the hay is starting to come off now

Thanks Bucknutz

Hope to see ya on the 18th. I might have a crowd with me. Oldest Son from Iraq will be with me as well as yougest (19) son. We are looking forward to some good shootin.

Joe

let me know if i can help,e-mail,[email protected] raystown lake will be a great place to pass time saturday after shoot.they should have a web sight. rimfire19.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Woooohoooooo

Mapquest says 492 miles and only 6 hours. I could of swore it was gonna be longer. Buddy of mine just went to PA and he said it took 11 hours...Must of been farther east.

Anyway, I'm hashing out a plan to maybe leave on Wed 15th..Get lic and hunt hogs 16-17th...then match on 18th, head back home on the 19th. I want to thank bucknutz for all the help and maybe finding me a place to hunt hogs. I cant begin to tell everyone how excited we are. I hope Rimfire will be there as well. Lookin forward to some good time. Heck, we (me and sons) may even camp if I can find a place close by.

Joe

You guys missed a fantastic shoot today..calm and overcast, a sign of high scores and high they were. The first perfect score was shot after many years of competition. The shooter was JEFF GATES of Altoona, PA..a perfect 150/150 a fantastic feat and we also had a least one other perfect 50 at 500 yards, that has never been done either. We also had lots of new internet shooters today, at least 5 that introduced themselves..BUFFALO BOB..it was a pleasure meeting you..I hope you enjoyed yourself because we certainly had a great time meeting you..REMEMBER, I told you these things are very addictive...I hope you return as many times as you can..these matches are really alot of fun and I'm always amazed at the variety of equipment and shooters that show up. TWO WEEKS GUYS until the next match..#6 JUNE 18th...only four more left this season after that one, so if your going to try it you'd better get a move on..again thanks BUFFALO BOB...I hope you enjoyed yourself, come back again....

So how does one find you Frank in the laurel MTS. Ya gotta hat that says your name or something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Look forward to meetin some of you fellas

Joe

That was the most interesting day of shooting that I have had in many years. I had never actually seen people shoot benchrest guns and there were a lot of different actions and stocks that I had only seen on websites. I could not believe that some guy was actually still shooting an old Unertl scope. I thought I was the only person who shot old guns and scopes.

Considering that the groundhogs were not moving around much they were still pretty hard to hit. I an glad I brought my sense of humor and left my ego at home because there are some really good shooters there. Some of the stuff I did was really funny. I got in such a big hurry on the first target that I could hardly shoot and then by the end of the day I got so relaxed that I didn't get all my shots in. I expect that there is some happy medium.

I appreciate you talking to the weather man and putting the wind on hold. It helped a lot.

My only complaint is that by the time I had gotten there and ordered breakfast, somebody had eaten up all the grits and there was none left for me! Y'all should order in a bigger supply next time. (A small joke from south of the Mason Dixon line).

It was nice to meet everyone -Bucknuts, JB1000Br and you.

I will try to come back up in July. I really need to get some 95/100gr hunting bullets shooting well. And then it would be good to check them out by shooting in a match.

jb do you get the same score sheet results for the mifflin april shoots or is it just me? 118 at southfork-2nd again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif by one piont for the second time against a colt sauer .22-250

Mark -- dont know what you're talking about re: the scoresheets?? i read the results on the webpage

BB even got 4 shots on the groundhog with his 17rem -- too bad you didnt shoot the 5th shot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i was impressed being able to SEE the 17 holes at 500yds! even in the orange!

Lablover -- 500mi in 6hrs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif 83mph huh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JB

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.