GROUNDHOG MATCH #6 ... 6/18/05

Frank in the Laurel Mts

"YOUR ALL INVITED" tp attend the match next Saturday, the match is held at the Miffln Co. Sportsmens Club, near Lewistown, PA..almost dead center in the state. A great big get together for all the long range varmint hunters from all over the eastern USA !! Any rifle, caliber, scope,trigger, etc..class is determined by weight only. You have a sight-in target at each distance and you are permitted to use a spotting scope to assist yourself.
Centerfire and Rimfire, 100-300-500 and 25 to 150 for rimfire, varies depending on which version your shooting. Come guys and gals..this match was designed by varmint hunters for varmint hunters..benchrest with a twist..great food, fantastic facilities and awesome shooters..what else can you need !! You'll see it all, and you get to see them all shoot..which is the best 100-300-500 yard "hog" rifle/caliber... JUNE 18, less than a week away, better get a move on...Frank

http://www.mifflincosportsmens.com

Hey Frank

Quick question. Will me and the boys be able to shoot on the same lane but different relays so we can use the sme rifle rest I have? Hmmmmmmm

They will be shooting just basic sporting model rifles.

Also..Any local ranges we can shoot at during the week. Jr is gettina new rifle and hopefully it will be set up before we get there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Joe

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Frank

Quick question. Will me and the boys be able to shoot on the same lane but different relays so we can use the sme rifle rest I have? Hmmmmmmm

They will be shooting just basic sporting model rifles.

Also..Any local ranges we can shoot at during the week. Jr is gettina new rifle and hopefully it will be set up before we get there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Joe

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe, yes, just tell the guys in the shed when you are signing up

I will also have the sporter top on my rest that can be used by any of you. Looking like I WILL make it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JB

Yes, JB is correct...tell "ABE"...he'll be the guy signing you up to a bench after you weigh your rifle in that more than one shooter will be using the same equipment..it's no problem what so ever. They will simply put you in consecutive relays. I'm not from the area and really don't know anything about any other range(s) nearby..I live about 100 miles southwest, in the direction of Pittsburgh..I do know there's a classic/muscle car show in the town of Bellfonte, PA on Friday and Saturday..that's fairly close to this range..maybe one of the local shooters will be attending and you could tag along..something else to do.
I believe you stated that your camping at Raystown Lake? If so, it's our premier striper fishing lake..they get some big ones there, if your fishing? Below the spillway..pretty good fishin' there..you access it right off Rt.22 on the east end of Huntingto,PA.. Drive careful!! Watch for the Smokies on I-80...The trip will not take as long as you think....see ya on Saturday..

jb and frank got lablover here and setteled in.going hoggin tomorrow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.