Good value LR hunting scope under $1,300?

Will you be using the reticle for hold over or just range estimation?
BS Shooter - imagine I would use the reticle for both holdover and range estimation, depending on the hunting situation.
Was able to make the rounds at some local sporting goods stores this week and take a look at a few of the scopes listed. Going to steer away from the NF SHV due to it being FFP and having capped turrets. Same for Burris being FFP. In looking at both the Vortex PST II and their HS-T models, I much preferred the PST as it seemed like it would be more durable albeit that comes with the downside of some additional ounces. The turrets also seemed more substantial. None of the stores had a Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16 in stock but in looking at the other models it would appear to be a toss up compared to the Vortex PST in terms of optic and build. Will probably put the SWFA 3-15 2FP on the back burner given it's back ordered, and the more I think about it would prefer to get a scope with a zero stop. That said, though, for the $$ it seems like a pretty good deal.

JMO, I have seen the sigs have problems tracking, and clarity issues. I work in the industry too though. I have seen guys love them too, so could just be a consistency issue.

BS Shooter - imagine I would use the reticle for both holdover and range estimation, depending on the hunting situation.
Was able to make the rounds at some local sporting goods stores this week and take a look at a few of the scopes listed. Going to steer away from the NF SHV due to it being FFP and having capped turrets. Same for Burris being FFP. In looking at both the Vortex PST II and their HS-T models, I much preferred the PST as it seemed like it would be more durable albeit that comes with the downside of some additional ounces. The turrets also seemed more substantial. None of the stores had a Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16 in stock but in looking at the other models it would appear to be a toss up compared to the Vortex PST in terms of optic and build. Will probably put the SWFA 3-15 2FP on the back burner given it's back ordered, and the more I think about it would prefer to get a scope with a zero stop. That said, though, for the $$ it seems like a pretty good deal.
I haven't looked through a V4 yet but every other zeiss I've looked through had much better glass than the PST, even my old conquest 6.5-20x50 was better.
If you're doing much hunting I would recommend staying away from a heavy scope i.e NF..
Personally I can't stand the slow and unbalanced feel that a heavy scope creates on a hunting rifle, just something to consider.

Trying to decide on a new scope for my Christensen Arms Mesa in 7mm Rem Mag. Typically hunting in north Idaho where shots can range anywhere from under 100 yards in the timber for elk out to 1,000+ yards on open ridges on mulies, so mid-range magnification (3-15x & 4-16x) appear to be the sweet spot. I do have buddies who think I should opt for a 5-25x but I'm concerned about 5x being too much for hunting in the timber.
Other preferences include: 2FP(most likely), MOA (although not opposed to MIL) adjustments, well-defined reticle for range estimation, ample eye relief (3.75"-4.0") and not overly heavy.
Here's what I've come up with so far:
Nightforce SHV 4-14x50 $1,250 *1FP, though
Vortex Viper PST II 3-15x44 $900
Vortex Viper HST 4-16x44 $570
SWFA SS 3-15x42 $450 *back ordered 'till May
Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x44 $1,000
Burris XTR-II 3-15x50 $892
Burris XTR-II 4-20x50 $977
From what I can tell all of the above seem to be solid options. Would welcome any comments from those with hands on experience with any of the above. Main concerns are solid tracking and quality of glass. Did not include Leupold - even though I own several Vari-Xs - simply because I did not care for their reticle designs.
Thanks in advance for any input you can provide.

I looked through the new Zeiss V4 today and was impressed with its clarity.

Burris XTR or SWFA. Both incredibly durable scopes. Only issue with the XTR is its mil and FFP which might not be optimal for hunting. It'll work though for sure. Glass is good on both scopes and the tracking is on point. My buddy competes in PRS and has about 500 firing solutions on his defiance 6.5 creedmore (2000 rds on the Rifle) with a Burris XTR II with no tracking issues and return to zero every time.

i have a XTR 4-20 on my 6.5CM AR10 build. great glass, tracks well but it's kinda heavy at a shade under 31 ounces. it's got a 34mm tube too. i mainly target shoot with it though.

Thanks to everyone for all of the input. Taking everything in to consideration, I'm still leaning towards the PST II 3-15x44 or the Zeiss V4 4-16x44. Going to see if I can't find a store remotely close where I can touch & feel the Zeiss. If one were to rank tracking reliability as a #1 requirement, and optics clarity combined with overall build quality a close #2, I'd appreciate any input form those who have hands on experience with both. From what I can tell it sounds like either would be solid scopes. I do prefer the Vortex EBR-4 (MOA) reticle over those available on the V4, but the thought of saving 5.5 oz in weight also has some merit given this will be on a 'hump it on your back' for miles hunting rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.