Finally the Defensive Edge LRKM is unveiled

I got the wife to watch the video. I believe she now understands my mania and--at least partially--forgives my indulgences of late. I sure hope so...

What a spectacular accomplishment: the rifle, the shooting, and the splendid presentation. If Shawn Carlock's name wasn't a byword prior-to it sure is now in the world of long--and extra long--range shooting.

In a Siskel and Ebert (?) twist: O'Connor, Page, and Taylor would give him six thumbs up!

Just read the patent. Been waiting for that explanation ever since the +P was brought up. That's the kind of innovation that takes LR shooting to the next level. Congrats

Shawn, i would like to know if you would consider turning my edge into a plus P... I'm having benchmark rebarrel my 700 rem.. and i would like to ask you for some load data for the plus-P please.. Whapaho Thank you

Sorry we do not convert standard Edge's to +P without rebarreling and we don't build on guns smithed by other people. If our name goes on it the work will all be done by us.

Dang... I can't lie... I though that it would be hard to shorten up the Edge and make it shoot decent. I shouldn't have doubted it though. When I got my .338 Edge, I took it to the range, took it out of the case, loaded a round, and put a dead center shot into the 100 yard target. Not bad since it rode from Idaho to TX and I never touched it.

A little longer story:
The range is only 0-300 but it had been serving me well for developing a load for my Sendero in 7mm Rem magnum. I took my girlfriend (at the time) with me so we could get her tuned up on her baby Glock .45 ACP. We ended up spending a lot of time on her because she's small and the recoil was a bit much. Anyway, when I finally got a chance to air out my .338 she was ready to go. I grabbed 3 bullets and 3 targets, ran down and put the targets up at 100, 200 and 300, walked back to the bench to get my heart rate back down, and proceeded to punch the target center out on all three shots. Her only comment? That's not bad. Uh, yeah.. I would say so. I'll save you my 1 round hit on an 800 yard steel target story.

If Shawn designs it and builds it... it's a shooter... gun)

PS- Shooting my Sendero just isn't fun anymore... It's 1 1moa rifle that ain't cuttting it

i didn't mean to offend you that was not my intention.. i just wanted to better my new rifle that hasn't been chambered yet... I'm having Benchmark make the barrel for me and would have loved for you to chamber it.. My appolige to you.. one question What bullit???? smk or berger and what powder h1000 or remtumbo in the 30 inch tube. 300gr Witch do you perfer in the edge? Thanks Whapaho

No offense taken, sorry if the answer was abrupt, pretty busy here. We are using the Berger bullets with great success and driven by H1000. Good luck on your project.

Mr Carlock,

How many reloads can you get using the new 338 Edge Bertram brass in the +P chamber ?

Also a single shot is a **** good thing to buy now, considering all the potential bans on magazine fed firearms and past or current military use cartriges, It's a good thing you went with the 338 Edge over the 338 Lapua,

Shawn, I asked if you would chamber the benchmark barrel for me in your 338+p is there something wrong with their barrels that prevents you from chambering it for me?? I have quiet a few friends that are interested in this caliber and are curious what your new hot rod will do. What do I have to do to get me to chamber one buy a Hart barrel??

The Benchmark barrel is a fine barrel, we are not chambering the +P in anything that is not a complete rifle build, sorry. It has nothing to do with you or the barrel just that any +P's on the market will be built by us. I put a lot of testing, time and money into the patent and we are going to build them.

Shawn do you offer the +P in a standard rifle design ? Also do you list the price on your web site ? If you dont can you tell me what the price normally runs ?
Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.