The new Defensive Edge "Terminator" action

Shawn Carlock

Sponsor
Here is the solid works picture of our new "Terminator" action.

TerminatorActionWeb_zps1461c1e3.png

The New Defensive Edge "Terminator" action, standard features:

Machined from 17-4 PH stock

Remington 700 footprint

Solid bottom or Wyatt's CF mag cut

Side Bolt Release

Takes Remington 700 Style trigger

1.125"x16 tpi tenton

Ejection port flared for ejection of larger/longer "Man Sized" long range rounds

M 16 Extractor

Improved ejector geometry and power

Tolerances improved to allow function with a little dirt or grime

Round / Round - 8-40 tpi scope mounting surfaces

Optional 2 position "wing" safety

Standard 700 triggers and safeties

Available in: Short LH/RH repeater, Long LH/RH repeater, Long LH/RH Solid bottom

As you can see with the feature/improvement list, the decision to only build on our new action was easy. By the time you supply a factory action and do all of the above work to it, the price difference is minimal. The only real increase in cost was due to excise tax (thanks Uncle Sam!). This action will be superior to the modified factory action in every way. We will finally have all the features we want and none of the ones we don't. We are really excited to be able to offer this incredible action in our rifles. Stay tuned for more on the new DE Terminator Actions!

For updates on this action check out www.defensiveedge.net "DE Actions"

What was your intent for the terminator action, the LRKM or your canyon rifles?

What's the cost going to be?

I'd imagine they are being made by BAT, am I correct?

Nicely done Shawn!

They are not being built by BAT. The 1 year leade time for actions is one of the bigger reasons for building our own. The CNC shop that build our LRKM parts is doing the machine work for us. For a while we will only have enough for our builds all of our rifles will come with the new action after a certain date. All of them form the Grand Slam to the LRKM. We have plans for a Ti action for the Grand Slam a little ways down the road. The rifle costs are all on the website including the new action. after producing some of them and getting our custom rifles "actioned up" we will look at offering the action alone. I will have a better idea about cost at that time. I'll try to keep everyone updated on the website when I can.

You Sir are making it **** tough not to order a LRKM! The calculator doesn't lie though. Do you have an estimate on order to delivery times fro the LRKM's?

We are quoting 8 months right now. We were just getting where we though we could run with that only to find out that actions that were quoted 6 months are now a year. So I am hoping to get our up and running in the next 4-6 months and away we go.

Times are pretty reasonable, but a little ahead of my plans, Thank You. Will you guys be set up at the Bighorn SHow this year?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.