defensive edge 338 edge!

lamiglas

I couldnt wait to post this, I thought I had already but couldnt locate it so I figured i would just do again!

Last Friday I met with Shawn Carlock to discuss my rifle build. Shawn will be building a 338 edge using my stainless sendero as a platform. 30" hart stainless fluted barrel, DE recoil lug, DE brake, DE cheekpiece, wyatts extended box magazine, squared/trued and lapped action. I am fortunate enough to live just a few miles from shawn so I have met with him several times. I can tell you first hand that his reputation as a person is well deserved. now comes the hard part... waiting!!

Hey, maybe you could sell that Ruger 7MM you just picked up to help pay for your new Edge. On second thought, that's a bad idea!!

EDUC8r,

This took me a minute, i was thinking what 7mm and what is this guy talking about!!!

I actually dropped your 7mm off at shawns yesterday so he could install one of his muzzle brakes. he said it would just take a few weeks. I am anxious to see how effective it is. i have heard awesome things about them.

The reeper,

mine should be done sometime mid spring. in coversation he mentioned that generally the turn around time is 8 months. i am sure the time could vary depending on what he has going on.

I thought when i ordered it, i would forget about it and lose contact with him until pick up. Poor shawn, It seems like i bother him at least once a week!!! usually to order something new for the rifle (scope, rings, bases etc) as i havent been able to forget about it for more than a day. anyway, he has been awesome to work with. and after this i hope to have him build something for my wife.

EDUC8R,

8 month turn around time, better order yours today!!!

Shawn is great to work with. You cannot go wrong by trusting him to build you a rifle. I received my .338 edge last fall. It shoots great. After working with it for a month I was able to fill several "B" deer tags this fall at 380, 420 and 521 yards. These shots felt like a chip shots on the golf course. I am looking forward to streaching it out next fall.gun):)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts