defensive edge 338 edge!

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by lamiglas, Aug 4, 2008.

1. lamiglas

lamiglas Well-Known Member

I couldnt wait to post this, I thought I had already but couldnt locate it so I figured i would just do again!

Last Friday I met with Shawn Carlock to discuss my rifle build. Shawn will be building a 338 edge using my stainless sendero as a platform. 30" hart stainless fluted barrel, DE recoil lug, DE brake, DE cheekpiece, wyatts extended box magazine, squared/trued and lapped action. I am fortunate enough to live just a few miles from shawn so I have met with him several times. I can tell you first hand that his reputation as a person is well deserved. now comes the hard part... waiting!!

2. Down Under Hunter

Down Under Hunter Well-Known Member

It will be worth the wait !

DUH

3. Educ8r

Educ8r Well-Known Member

Hey, maybe you could sell that Ruger 7MM you just picked up to help pay for your new Edge. On second thought, that's a bad idea!!

4. TheReeper

TheReeper Well-Known Member

How long is the wait?

5. lamiglas

lamiglas Well-Known Member

EDUC8r,

This took me a minute, i was thinking what 7mm and what is this guy talking about!!!

I actually dropped your 7mm off at shawns yesterday so he could install one of his muzzle brakes. he said it would just take a few weeks. I am anxious to see how effective it is. i have heard awesome things about them.

The reeper,

mine should be done sometime mid spring. in coversation he mentioned that generally the turn around time is 8 months. i am sure the time could vary depending on what he has going on.

I thought when i ordered it, i would forget about it and lose contact with him until pick up. Poor shawn, It seems like i bother him at least once a week!!! usually to order something new for the rifle (scope, rings, bases etc) as i havent been able to forget about it for more than a day. anyway, he has been awesome to work with. and after this i hope to have him build something for my wife.

EDUC8R,

8 month turn around time, better order yours today!!!

6. mcmurray

mcmurray Active Member

Shawn is great to work with. You cannot go wrong by trusting him to build you a rifle. I received my .338 edge last fall. It shoots great. After working with it for a month I was able to fill several "B" deer tags this fall at 380, 420 and 521 yards. These shots felt like a chip shots on the golf course. I am looking forward to streaching it out next fall.gun):)