The Defensive Edge "Terminator" action finished!!!

Shawn Carlock

Sponsor
Finally the new Terminator action is finished. The prototype is Canyon Rifle #0161, it is of course a 338 Edge and done in Coyote Tan and Desert Web. It has been a huge undertaking but well worth the time and money for us. It is exactly what I have wanted in a long range hunting action, everything we wanted and none of the crap we didn't. It is the smoothest action I have run under pressure and free both. While it fits a 700 footprint it has several upgrades over a 700 every aspect of the action was sculpted around making the best long range hunting action we could. We have proofed this action over 200,000 psi while most manufacturers simply recite the yield strength of the materials use. We set out like all of our other products to build the very best that we could.

_DSC0038w.jpg

_DSC0041w.jpg

_DSC0055w.jpg

_DSC0060w.jpg

_DSC0074w.jpg

_DSC0058w.jpg

I'll have more complete info and testing up on the website www.defensiveedge.net under the action tab. Hope you guys like it.

I have been following you on this, I can't wait till I get my funds replenished as I will be calling you guys for one of your light weight long range setups. :D

Finally the new Terminator action is finished. The prototype is Canyon Rifle #0161, it is of course a 338 Edge and done in Coyote Tan and Desert Web. It has been a huge undertaking but well worth the time and money for us. It is exactly what I have wanted in a long range hunting action, everything we wanted and none of the crap we didn't. It is the smoothest action I have run under pressure and free both. While it fits a 700 footprint it has several upgrades over a 700 every aspect of the action was sculpted around making the best long range hunting action we could. We have proofed this action over 200,000 psi while most manufacturers simply recite the yield strength of the materials use. We set out like all of our other products to build the very best that we could.

View attachment 40253

View attachment 40254

View attachment 40255

View attachment 40256

View attachment 40257

View attachment 40258

I'll have more complete info and testing up on the website www.defensiveedge.net under the action tab. Hope you guys like it.
Beutiful work as always Shawn. Congrats on "getting there" with what is sure to be a great new product.

I'd hate to see your waiting list! gun)

BAT is not making these, all of the machine work is done by the guys who do the LRKM parts for us. Like the LRKM chassis we did the design and initial development but we are not a CNC shop so instead of pretending we are I go to the CNC guys. Simply put we changed everything that was even questionable or not to our liking here. We laid out a BAT and one of the Rem 700's we had modified for a Canyon Rifle and said what do we keep, what do we change, and what do we add. While it uses a 700 footprint and trigger (would be short sighted and limiting to make an action that doesn't) the similarities pretty much end there. M 16 extractor, different ejector geometry, larger bolt body diameter, flat faced bolt, smaller firing pin diameter, heavier FP spring, different bolt lug shape, different bolt cam surface, scope mounting surface & 8-40 base screws, 1.125" barrel shank diameter, repeater has 4" Wyatts box cut, longer and flared ejection port for ejection of loaded man sized rounds, 2 position safety for LRKM models, side bolt release, tolerances that allow Cerakoting properly and more.

Just shot some groups with the first Terminator action rifle, 2's and low 3's right off the bat. Using the 300 gr Berger's, H1000 etc, I'll post some pics later.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.