Defensive Edge paint shop finished

Shawn,

In building the 338 Edge, I understanding that you can use a Rem 700 Long Action, cut the bolt face for the 338, replace the magazine or extend the existing one, then install a new barrel chambered for the 338 Edge.

What twist is recommended. I have a 300 WM I'd like to convert.

Thanks,
GONZO
SEMPER FIDELIS

Shawn,

In building the 338 Edge, I understanding that you can use a Rem 700 Long Action, cut the bolt face for the 338, replace the magazine or extend the existing one, then install a new barrel chambered for the 338 Edge.

What twist is recommended. I have a 300 WM I'd like to convert.

Thanks,
GONZO
SEMPER FIDELIS

Most i think are using a 1:10 but have saw some in 1:9.5 Both of mine are 1:10 and they shoot great. Shooting the 300gr bullets

It is funny I wouldn't hesitate to take one like that out in the field, but i once had a Browning BAR in 338 WIN that I almost refused to hunt with because the wood was so nice.

I'm glad that I have my Canyon Rifle but at the same time I wish that I could have had it painted.

I have one problem with the Canyon Rifle...

The very first round out my Canyon Rifle, after traveling from Idaho to Texas in a box (the rifle not the bullet... it's good but it's not that good :) ), punched the center out of the 100 yard target on my first shot. :D Fast forward a month or so. I took it to the range again. Round 1 punched the center out of target... round 2 nibbled about an 1/8" out of the hole. Round 3 did the same. I think the Edge must use some kind of laser guidance system for the 300 SMK's. If you want a shooter that performs right out of the box- order a rifle from Defensive Edge

So what's the problem? :cool:

I used to be happy with the groups that I get from my other rifles. Then the Canyon Rifle came home and raised the bar so high that sub-moa isn't good enough anymore. I guess that's a good problem to have...

Last edited:
Shawn is that your new style lighter weight Edge or does it still weight around 14 lbs. Looks like remington action? I went to your web site is that your std model listed in price section. Very nice Christmas present to the fine person who now owns it!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.