Duracoat vs. Cerakote

If I am being a "dick" for calling you on slamming a website that you clearly haven't done any recon of then maybe you should either check what you are posting or clarify the fact your motives are jaded. If you truly wanted Intel why post things that are clearly not accurate instead of questions? I do this as a side job and do not feel it does cerakote justice by watching you post things like bad website, not user friendly etc. I don't mind you having questions. My frustration is it took me longer to post the links from their website then it did to find them. This shows me you never bothered to actually look for the Intel. Thus I question your motives.
I am old army. I call it like it see it.
Either way I have given you all the factual Intel via direct links you could need to make a decision.

Well not bashing duracoat...it just isn't as tough as ceracoat. It's cheaper and easier to apply so that it's only saving grace to beating out ceracoat. That's IMHO.

At no time was I slamming the site. From a tablet or phone it shows little or nothing for info. I haven't bad mouthed cerakote and i think it is a good product but i am trying to justify trying it because of the cost and application process. Was merely looking for opinions. So you can go back and reread how you came off in your post. There wasn't any need to be rude

At no time was I slamming the site. From a tablet or phone it shows little or nothing for info. I haven't bad mouthed cerakote and i think it is a good product but i am trying to justify trying it because of the cost and application process. Was merely looking for opinions. So you can go back and reread how you came off in your post. There wasn't any need to be rude

I meant to "come off that way" BTW that does not make me a "bigot" as you posted. The dictionary has a different definition. Using the reason that a phone or tablet doesn't show you enough detail is weak. In the days since you first posted you haven't had access to a real computer screen? Multiple people have stated it is same application and prep. So if you are over 18-20 you should have done more research.
But if you do not have more attention to detail maybe cerakote is to much for you. Maybe Krylon?

That's great to see another keyboard warrior out here... my apologies for being too busy to sit down at a computer over the last week or two. Continue to sit at your computer and criticize people because you are obviously such a genius in this world. Go run your jaw on someone else's post that will accept your great, douchey, and biased opinions

That's great to see another keyboard warrior out here... my apologies for being too busy to sit down at a computer over the last week or two. Continue to sit at your computer and criticize people because you are obviously such a genius in this world. Go run your jaw on someone else's post that will accept your great, douchey, and biased opinions

Don't be mad buttercup. Opinions by their very nature are biased and some day you will learn that and a whole lot of other big words. I only have the time to sit at a keyboard now because since 1986 to 2014 I have fought for your right to have zero initiative in the army. But don't worry because I actually work in the professional arena along with my fun side weapons coating job.
Now do us all a favor and actually read about cerakote air dry and the facts about it. Listen and learn without telling us how much better duracoat is, or how the website is not user friendly(THEN STATING YOU HAVE NOT GONE ON IT WITH A COMPUTER). This type of lack of follow through does not show off your ability to critically think and attention to detail. Don't blame me for pointing out your errors in the posts.

I started with Duracoat because it looked easier but this week end I refinished the last of my rifles in Cerakote. I did take the time to make an oven, I have like 200 dollars into it with electronic controls and everything. I find Cerakote easier to apply in areas and on parts that need to fit together, my bolts slide right back in and run like butter after Cerakote. I'm just tickled pink with the whole process and end result with Cerakote vs the Duracoat.
Yesterday I was shooting a new series, accessed the application process for that specific one and checked my mixing rate from my cell, it will take you in on a mobile web site so it your familiar with navigating that kind of site it's a very nice site, if your not you may have issues and you should chose to view the site as desktop on your mobile device then it will navigate like a desktop. Either way the website is excellent and full of detailed info!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.