Cerakote

wildchild

Anyone from this site do cerakote?
If so so is it feasable to do a BAT VS model action as in does the tight tolerance couse issues with the bolt raceway. Building a tactical style rifle with an A5, BAT VS single shot action with Benchmark SS 8 twist 3 groove in a Lilja tactical contour. Chambered in a 6 Dasher and I dont like shiny metal. :D

Anyone from this site do cerakote?
If so so is it feasable to do a BAT VS model action as in does the tight tolerance couse issues with the bolt raceway. Building a tactical style rifle with an A5, BAT VS single shot action with Benchmark SS 8 twist 3 groove in a Lilja tactical contour. Chambered in a 6 Dasher and I dont like shiny metal. :D

Try Jim See (COYBOY) at Center Shot Rifles - Services

Good luck!

Ed

I just Cerakoted my BAT 8.5. I shot a light coat on the bolt body, lugs, and raceway.
After assembly, the bolt was tight about 3/4 of the way in the action. I lubed it to prevent galling and worked it a few times. Almost like lapping it in... After a dozen or so cycles, It was workable. It will wear in with use..

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.