Duplicating a factory load.

Hatrick

I have a 300 rum that shoots the Nosler Trophy Grade 180 accubond into 1 hole at 100 yds. I have been loading the Nosler brass to the same speed on the chrony but can't seem to duplicate the accuracy. I changed seating depth and went up and down 1 grain by 10ths. Does anybody know Noslers load.

Factory powder is rarely-to-never a standard off-the-shelf powder. They usually have custom blends made by the manufacturers. So I doubt you can find the exact powder Nosler uses, but you should be able to find another load with an off-the-shelf powder that will duplicate the results.

Have you pulled one of the Nosler bullets to measure the factory powder charge? If you do that, then cross-reference it with the speed it says on the box and the Nosler 7 reloading manual, then you should be able to find a very similar powder to start with.

Thanks MudRunner, pulling 1 apart might help. Just changed primers and working back up. Ido this with all my rifles just because I lost my reloads on the way to a Wyoming deer hunt.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.