Duplicating a stock

buckbrush

I built my daughter a 10/22 stock last winter. It's "inspiration" was the Manners T5 although it only moderately resembles one.

She loves the stock and to be honest, so do I. I'd like to build a twin but I spent way too much time on it to try another. Is there an easier way to duplicate this stock by making a mold of some sort?

Thanks.

kiwi3006 did that for his Remington 700. turned out nice. just search "homemade stock" and look for kiwi3006.

I built my daughter a 10/22 stock last winter. It's "inspiration" was the Manners T5 although it only moderately resembles one.

She loves the stock and to be honest, so do I. I'd like to build a twin but I spent way too much time on it to try another. Is there an easier way to duplicate this stock by making a mold of some sort?

Thanks.
There's no quick or easy way to manufacture a clone stock. Any way you go about it is going to require a significant amount of time.

I built three stocks from wood blanks in HS shop class. It took me a full semester for each one.

If you want one out of wood, there are stockmakers with duplicating machines who will copy the one you have and make a duplicate. Note that you will probably get scratches on your original stock when you do this due to the way the machine works. At least, my business partner did when he had a few duplicated.

carl bernosky can do that for you he is a great guy and stockbuilder and just won camp perry's highpower championship.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.