Factory load ?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by BlackSS, Mar 25, 2010.

1. BlackSS

BlackSS Well-Known Member

First off I know a lot of people hand load, and I'm sure I'll give it a try down the road, but I don't have the time to get into that now, nor do I think it is necessary for what I am trying to do.
    I'm looking for a good factory round for white tail out to say 400 - 500 yards.
    The gun is a being built still, it savage 25.06 FLCP-K w/o the brake.

I know that no one can say for sure what the gun will like, but those of you with savages: what factory load has your gun shot well with?

TIA

2. ovastafford

ovastafford Well-Known Member

If I were you I would try two or three different factory loads and see how it shoots at the longer ranges your intending to hunt, 300-400 yards if possible. Iv had great luck with hornady ammo in all the rifles Iv tried.

3. roninflag

roninflag Well-Known Member

my opinion is whitetails are not created equal. the ones in sask weigh 300 pounds and you have to pay 7k to hunt them . the ones in az weigh 90 pounds. you said whitetails? which ones?. what tank said : 117 super , 115 berger or the 117 sierra.

4. BlackSS

BlackSS Well-Known Member

The ones in the middle of those 2 extremes.

5. sniperjwt

sniperjwt Well-Known Member

I would go with the HSM Trophy Gold. You cant get much better loaded ammunition than theres and you cant get a better bullet. And for the price you cant beat that eather.

6. 436

436 Well-Known Member

My money would be on the
    Federal Premium Vital-Shok Ammunition 25-06 Remington 100 Grain Barnes Triple-Shock X Bullet Hollow Point

With a 25.06 Rem....