Factory load ?

BlackSS

First off I know a lot of people hand load, and I'm sure I'll give it a try down the road, but I don't have the time to get into that now, nor do I think it is necessary for what I am trying to do.
I'm looking for a good factory round for white tail out to say 400 - 500 yards.
The gun is a being built still, it savage 25.06 FLCP-K w/o the brake.

I know that no one can say for sure what the gun will like, but those of you with savages: what factory load has your gun shot well with?

TIA

If I were you I would try two or three different factory loads and see how it shoots at the longer ranges your intending to hunt, 300-400 yards if possible. Iv had great luck with hornady ammo in all the rifles Iv tried.

my opinion is whitetails are not created equal. the ones in sask weigh 300 pounds and you have to pay 7k to hunt them . the ones in az weigh 90 pounds. you said whitetails? which ones?. what tank said : 117 super , 115 berger or the 117 sierra.

I would go with the HSM Trophy Gold. You cant get much better loaded ammunition than theres and you cant get a better bullet. And for the price you cant beat that eather.

My money would be on the
Federal Premium Vital-Shok Ammunition 25-06 Remington 100 Grain Barnes Triple-Shock X Bullet Hollow Point

With a 25.06 Rem....

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.