Davis Tent

I own a 14x16 Davis tent. They are great tents but the Davis family is even better. Salt of the earth people. They donate tents to Conservation groups all the time. I would say the size of tent you're talking about is small but it sounds like you have done it before. I think most of us think of wall tents as big comfy camps because we make them that way. Sounds like your camp is more of a backpacking camp which works great too. Keep in mind your cart idea is good for a groomed trail, I wouldn't go off trail with it. Me and a buddy drug his Davis Tipi about 1 mile in the winter on a sled and even as smooth as it was it ---- near killed us. Haha.

As someone else mentioned for your style of camping I'd go with a Kifaru Tipi. Yes they are expensive but it increases your effectiveness and range. Either way you go Best of luck to you.
Love my 16x20---our group bought 4 of them at one time. The Davis family is great to work with too. I have contacted them several times for add-ons and always got great service. Had ours about 8 seasons now and still performs like new.

Frank, maybe 4 guys in a 10' x 12' tent really means "Four 'consenting adults' head-to-toe." !!

Eric B.

I'm thinking that some might still get into trouble, especially if beans are on the menu:rolleyes::rolleyes:! I spent 10 days in a 12 X 20 tent on a Caribou hunt with six guys and the guide, there was enough room with bunk beds, but not a whole lot more with everyone's gear and wet clothing drying.

These kind of look like the tents we used in the military. Make sure you keep two guns in the tent with you in case of bears, wolverines, or other nasty two legged critters.. Don't ever keep all the guns in a different tent. You could keep the rifles if you have a bear pistol or two: but have two guns for an emergency. You'll stay warmer if you go nut to butt: if you're man enough.. "50 yards of canvas" sounds like it's what you need: aka Teepee. Teepees are the ultimate in north country mobile luxury: you'll need thick bedding. A static teepee uses a platform pallet type base to keep you off the ground: but evergreen bows work well or inflatables etc.

Ive had there stuff for 10 seasons now.. better than montana canvas imo... wish the angle kit took bigger pipe though.

Kasey

I was looking into wall tents, but, my wife talked me into an RV last year so my opinion is moot! :)

At least she is more likely to go hunt with me now having a nice warm dry home away from home with a full kitchen...

I'll add it's worth looking at Elk mountain tents. It's a more lightweight design but its plenty for everything up to heavy snow. They're my latest favorite

I've got a 14x16 that works very well. I'd not want to haul it, poles, and my wood burning stove very far at all in a game cart. Perhaps you are thinking of a smaller size?

Davis Tent is an excellent company and product though. Good luck!
They're great people to deal with.....my 14x16 works well for up to 4 and gear!

My last wall tent was a 16x18x5 Davis tent. Top notch tent company. The 10x12x5 is basically a 2 man tent. Cots set end to end, Mess in one side and wood stove other side. Dinner table between them. Got to have 5' wall.

I bought my 14x16 about 20 years ago from Davis Tent. I called and talked with several tent makers and was most impressed with Davis. Very happy with the tent. Got screen doors in each end and for warmer weather that makes a huge difference. Always tarp the top which includes a 7 foot awning on the front. The tent is probably been setup close to six weeks a year and zero problems. Make sure you always hang them up to dry before putting them away and they will last for generations. Call Davis and tell him what your wanting and he will set you up.

I have a Davis Tent - 12x16, but have not packed it in. I like it a bunch and the owners are great and stand behind the product. I purchased it a couple of years ago down in Reno before RMEF left. I upgraded to a little bigger for my sleeping quarters for clients. No issues and works great.

I just picked up a 14x20 Davis tent with the awning kit, poles and stove for $500! I felt a little dirty when I drove away with it. The guy was the worse negotiator I've ever met! Ha! Can't wait to use it this fall.
yea you should feel bad just because the guy is slow or needing the money you should have paid him a fair price.

Hey Everyone,

I'm not sure if this is permitted to post in this spot but I wanted to see what folks think of Davis tents?

I was thinking about picking one up for the next hunt (I know it's not backpacking technically) but we are gonna haul 2 game carts. One with our campsite and the other for our quarry on.

I was thinking of picking up one of their tents but wanted to see if anyone has already used them?
I have a 12x14x5 wall tent from reliable tent. Their website is name .com. They have a great selection of canvas tents. I couldn't be happier with mine.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.