Davis Tent

FrankD90

Hey Everyone,

I'm not sure if this is permitted to post in this spot but I wanted to see what folks think of Davis tents?

I was thinking about picking one up for the next hunt (I know it's not backpacking technically) but we are gonna haul 2 game carts. One with our campsite and the other for our quarry on.

I was thinking of picking up one of their tents but wanted to see if anyone has already used them?

Fair point, I mean we'll have about 4 guys total. 2 per cart, I think a game cart could handle the tent, poles and stove? I was looking at their 10x12?

Thank you for the reply!

Frank

I'm wondering now that I think about it if I should post and see if anyone has a used one they'd part with. They have a scratch and dent page but I'm not seeing them in the size I was hoping for.

Davis makes a good tent. Out fitter we used in Colorado used them.
I have two Montana canvas tents. They make wall tents out of a couple different weights of canvas in addition to a nylon type fabric. We have one of those in a 12x16. It only weighs about 25 pounds and works great in blue mountain blizzards. Might be worth a look.

Attachments

• 57DF85EF-AE68-4840-B798-B4183C6F283B.jpeg
    57DF85EF-AE68-4840-B798-B4183C6F283B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 248
  • F0E171AC-CFB2-4B98-B388-36CF1D0F91D6.jpeg
    F0E171AC-CFB2-4B98-B388-36CF1D0F91D6.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 295
We usually use Surplus canvas pup tents (Usually WWII) and we've packed 3 guys in there in an emergency. So I figured a 10x12 should be plenty ample for a hunting party.

Haha maybe were just smaller guys. We don't cook in cover, we do that on the open campfire. Our gear is usually in our backpacks which double as pillows. Were starting to grow as far as our hunting groups go, so were opting for some larger shelter.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.