Just ordered some 138gr. Hammer HHT for my .308 Win

Even if these work out as a great load, I'll still work up another load with Varget. TAC is temp sensitive. https://ultimatereloader.com/2022/04/01/extreme-powder-temperature-testing-varget-vs-tac/
I tried running varget on Barnes 130 TTSXs and there's a case volume issue. I could get nowhere near Barnes's published loads without extremely compressed loads.

I think that's why Benchmark has been suggested previously. Faster burning with lower case volume. Plus, it's in the Extreme line of powders.

Food for thought.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240528_124935_ShotView.jpg
    Screenshot_20240528_124935_ShotView.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 7
Hard to argue with a good group, but I'm thinking you should be able to get ~400 fps more. That's quite a bit to make it very flat shooting and give you more effective range with a mono. Just food for thought.

Last February we did a load in a Ruger American 308 win with the 138gr Hammer HHT. We tried several powders and settled on Benchmark and a vel of 3050 fps with a small crimp oal of 2.759". We tried Leverevolution, good vel but poor accuracy. Varget was too compressed. TAC had good vel but poor accuracy. Benchmark gave good vel and accuracy.

Recent Posts