custom rifle

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by easton19, Nov 30, 2006.

1. easton19

easton19 Member

I am in the process of having a new rifle built by Long Shot Rifles in Garden City,Mo it will be A accurized Rem 700 ADL short action in 7mm-08 Rem. with a 22" Broughton barrel and A holland fiberglass stock does anyone have experience with this builder he comes highly recommended but a few more opinions couldnt hurt thanks chad

2. winmagman

winmagman Well-Known Member

chad
    I don't own a LSR nor have I ever had my hands on one, but if I ever come up with enough cash to have a true custom built, Chris M is on a very short list of smiths that I'd have do the work. Never heard or read a bad thing about his work.

Chris

3. D.P.

D.P. Well-Known Member

easton19
    You are in good hands. I have two and no complaints. Mine are medium weight hunting rifles that shoot more like bench rifles.

4. remingtonman_25_06

remingtonman_25_06 Well-Known Member

I'd say your in mighty good hands. Theres only a handfull of gunsmiths I would send my stuff off to and he is definately one of them!!

5. easton19

easton19 Member

I am thinking of using a Leupold VX-3 3.5-10-40 scope and Leupold dual dovetail mounts is this a worthy set-up or what would you recommend for mounts??

6. jasciri

jasciri New Member

Chad

I just had Chris build me a .308 that is just magnificent. Throughout the build he responded to all of my changes and issues with great professionalism and guidance. The rifles accuracy is astounding! You cannot go wrong with LSR.

John S.

7. ol mike

ol mike Well-Known Member

burris signature series w/inserts